Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Strategy analyser not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the detailed reply

Before I go back to him with your points, he says he is using cqg for NT and it is working fine using this data on his computer. Is it possible for me have a trial or pay for a short term day/week trial to cqg for NT to see if it is the IB data which is the problem.

Thanks

Comment

Hello blueboy,

Before trying other feeds it would be best to better understand the specifics your script requires for its data. Previously you noted that you can open a chart to the series being used and see data so it sounds like you have data. If you already have the required data, changing the feed will not likely be the solution.

It may be better at this point to double check with the developer what data is specifically required for this script and then double check your historical data manager to make sure that data exists.

Do you know if the script is adding any secondary series? That would be one case that may fail when using a different provider, for example, IB does not offer historical ask or bid tick data but CQG does. Do you know if the script use this type of data or another secondary series? To get an idea of differences you may see between providers you can use the following page: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...tsub=providers

I look forward to being of further assistance.
      JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi
        Ive had the same issue as a new user of NT8. Even if the markets not yet open the expectation of NT8 is to have Interactive Brokers-IBKR connected though historical data is not provided from IBKR. The strategy analyser worked once i started TWS before the markets open. If this is incorrect then please let meknow. Thanks

Comment

Hello honest-trader,

Thanks for your question.

NinjaTrader will need to be connected to a data provider service (this can be your broker) in order to receive historical data. Historical data is needed to drive the Strategy Analyzer; if you are not connected to a data provider, you will not be able to request data needed to run a backtest.

Please ensure you are connected to your broker/data provider from NinjaTrader and that TWS/ IB Gateway are running so you can connect NinjaTrader to your Interactive Brokers feed.

See Connection Guide for setting up Interactive Brokers Connection and the recommended version of TWS/IB Gateway to use with NinjaTrader - https://ninjatrader.com/ConnectionGu...nnection-Guide

Please also note that Interactive Brokers does not provide historical tick data through NinjaTrader, only minute and daily data is provided. As such you will only be able to test data series that are built with this kind of data.

How bars are built - https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...riousChartBars

Data By Provider - https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...y_provider.htm

We look forward to assisting.
          JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

HI Jim
            Thanks for getting back.
            Yes i was 100% sure that i was connected to Kinetik but not connected to IBKR and then tried using Strategy Analyzer after connecting to IBKR though it doesnt provide historical data. It worked once IBKR was connected even though the market was not open.
            Regards

Comment

Hello honest-trader,

Interactive Brokers does not provide historical tick data to NinjaTrader, so bars that are built from tick data would not be fetched through Interactive Brokers.

How Bars Are Built - https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...riousChartBars

Kinetick can offer this data for subscribed users, however, if you connect to Kinetick End Of Day Free, you will only get historical daily data.

Please also be sure to review the Multiple Connections page of the Help Guide for further information on how the connection order determines the preferred data source and how you can specify preferred data sources for different asset types.

Multiple Connections - https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...onnections.htm

Comment

Hi
                Im having issues again - NT8 trial version
                1. Kintetik is connected
                2. IBKR paper trading is connected

I trade through IBKR app in real time , im aware at a given time only 1 IBKR session can be valid so quit the IBKR app.

All lights are green but still not able to apply any strategy to my charts.

Please advise
                Last edited by honest-trader; 03-19-2021, 07:52 AM.

Comment

Hello honest-trader,

I have recorded a video demonstration showing what needs to be checked when enabling strategies, and also what should be considered when using multiple connections. Please see by previous post for more information on how connection order determines the source of data, and how preferred data sources can be set per asset type.

Demo - https://drive.google.com/file/d/1p9h...w?usp=drivesdk

You may take the same steps as I am testing your connections and enabling the SampleMACrossover strategy on the Sim101 account.

If you are not receiving realtime data, you will not be able to enable the strategy.

We look forward to assisting.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
                  47 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post aligator  
                  Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
                  0 responses