Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Saving Optimized parameters as new default settings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saving Optimized parameters as new default settings

Is there a way to save an iteration of optimized parameters to a strategy as the new default settings?

Hi MrLucky,
    Yes, when you're done setting the settings/parameters you like, please look on the bottom right of the menu at the bottom of the scroll bar menu if yours is lengthy.
    Click Template> Save ... just like you would an indicator or drawn object.

Comment

Thanks for the response. Yes I did that but now I want to bring up that strategy into a chart and I don't see the name of the template in the strategy list. I see the original strategy but it has the old parameters and not the new ones I optimized to. We're did the saved template file it go with the new settings?

Comment

Hello mrlucky1x,

Thanks for your post.

Member SBMT17 has suggested, I think, that after you have optimized that you manually set the optimized settings in your strategy and then save the strategy template so that your optimized results are available on each reuse of the strategy.

I think you are asking if there is an automatic way to save the optimized results into your strategy. You can save the settings you created for future optimization runs but saving these in a template will only apply if optimizing. There is no means to save the best results into a strategy template automatically. I will create a feature request to add this option.

In the meantime, you would need to manually set your strategy to the optimal values and then save the strategy template as advised by member SBMT17.

Once I have further information on the feature request I will update this thread.
        Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello mrlucky1x,

After sending in the feature request I was advised that there is a way to accomplish your goal!

After optimizing, right mouse click on the ideal results and select "Open in new strategy analyzer". This will open the strategy analyzer with your strategy and with those particular optimal settings. Next left click on "Template" at the bottom right, then click "Save" next provide a name for the template or select Default if those are the settings you always wish to use and click OK.

If you saved as "Default" then when you apply the strategy you should expect to see the settings immediately. If you saved with a different name then when you load the strategy you would then need to again click on "Template" but this time select "Load" and in the template window select the template to use and click OK.

Please also see this section of the help guide: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...meter_temp.htm

Comment

Thanks Paul... we're almost there. Now I can change default values and load the different template modifiers with different parameters but when I go to put the strategy on a chart it defaults to daily Kinetic data feed and I can't seem to get it to use my Ninja Trader Continuum. How do I get it to use the Continuum data feed?

Comment

Just quick note that when you load in a template it doesn't display the name of the template you are using. Is there a location where the name of the template is displayed because after you have quite a few setup you have no clue which one is loaded in if you step away and come back later.

Comment

Hello mrlucky1x,

To set your preferred connections, please see: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...marketdata.htm

Regarding the strategy template name, I will create a feature request and will update the thread when I have further information. In the meantime, if you are using the strategy on a chart and if you have an indicator on the chart you can change the indicators label (in the indicators parameters) to show the strategy template name used (or actually any text you wish).

Comment

Hello mrlucky1x,

The feature request has been entered and identified in our system as SFT-3511, "Strategies to show Applied Strategy template"

This does not mean that the feature will or will not be implemented and it allows program management to routinely review for implementation. If implemented, you would be able to observe the feature request number in the release notes of the helpguide for the version where it was first implemented. Here is a link to where the release notes can be found: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ease_notes.htm

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by algospoke, Yesterday, 06:40 PM
                  2 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post algospoke  
                  Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM
                  3 responses
                  0 likes