Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Automated strategy utilizing volume, possible without full version?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Automated strategy utilizing volume, possible without full version?

I am just experimenting with NT8 and want to use my limited programming experience to create some strategies. However I see only the full paid version of NT8 includes volume profile information. Is there anyway to create a strategy using volume information without paying $1,000 for the full version? I do plan to purchase the full version eventually but would like to make sure I can use the platform first. Or if volume isn't possible to incorporate, is there a workaround to get a similar result using other indicators or functions?

Also is there any recommended resource for learning how to develop strategies both basic and complex? If anyone could point me in the right direction it would be appreciated.

Hello TheNomadicAspie,

Welcome to the NinjaTrader forums!

Below is a link to a forum post with helpful information about getting started with NinjaScript.

The Order Flow+ premium indicators do require a lifetime license key.

Order flow trading with Order Flow + helps you visualize buying & selling pressure through Volumetric bars, order flow market depth, order flow volume profile & more!

However, you may find there are open source volume based indicators you may be interested in if you would like to learn NinjaScript and creating strategies before making the decision to purchase a license.
    Below is a link to the User App Share of the NinjaTrader Ecosystem.

Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you so much Chelsea, I wasn't aware of the user created indicators. I found one I liked and realized that you were the creator, the Jtrealstats Realtime Level ii/Tick volume. I'm having trouble downloading it though, and have used several machines and browsers. Have you ever run into that issue? I'll wait a bit and will try downloading it later. Anyway thanks again for the help, I'll start learning.

Comment

Hello TheNomadicAspie,

The Jtrealstats Realtime Level Ii / Tick Volume is just a conversion to NinjaTrader 8 from a NinjaTrader 7 script uploaded by a community member. This was during a short period where we converted many scripts to increase the level of scripts available for NinjaTrader 8 when it first came out.
        This is a conversion of the Realtime Level II/Tick Volume. Please contact the original author for any questions or comments. Update Aug 27th, 2018: Since OnRenderTargetChanged can be called before State.DataLoaded, setting the dxmBrushes["backColor"].MediaBrush here wasn't working out and was sometimes null. Changed this to now get the chart background color (and text color) from […]

A small percentage of our clients are unable to download from the User App Share.

I've downloaded and attached. Let me know if you are also unable to download from the forum.

We'd like to collect further information as we investigate the issue.
        • What version of Windows are you using?
        • What web browser are you using?
        • Is the web browser updated to the latest release?
        • Does this symptom persist if your clear your browser's cache?
        • What about if you use a different web browser? (Try firefox, chrome, edge, brave and opera)
        • What about after you turn off your PC, turn off your modem/router for at least 30 seconds, then restart your PC?
        • Who is your ISP (Internet Service Provider)?
        Another forum member has suggestions specifically for google chrome by enabling pop-ups for ninjatrader.com.
        Hello there, I tried to download some scripts from the User App Share today but it didn't work, I tried to download the following scripts: Candlesticks Chartstyle With Outline + Opacity Candlestick Doji Labeled Lines Drawing Tool Is there anybody who got this scripts available to send me the scripts? Does any problem with
        Attached Files

Comment

That worked, thank you again!

Comment

Hello everyone! I wanted to request the setting for the "Jtrealstats Realtime Level Ii / Tick Volume" as I downloaded it and it does not appear in my ninja trader as it appears in the photo on the download page, the bars and transactions are not reflected in the chart, how should be configured? Thank you.
            Attached Files

Comment

Hello arangocj,

The screenshot was created using the default settings after the indicator had been running for enough time to build values.

Please contact the original author for details about usage or any requests for changes.
              Below is a link to the original NinjaTrader 7 indictor page.
              This indicator combo displays real‐time Level II market data as well as up/down volume by tick for the current bar on the main chart panel. It works on any instrument, time‐frame and chart type. The Level II data is displayed to the right of the price bars as a horizontal histogram that extends out over […]

This thread will remain open for any community members that would like to give opinions.

The NinjaTrader Ecosystem website is for educational and informational purposes only and should not be considered a solicitation to buy or sell a futures contract or make any other type of investment decision. The add-ons listed on this website are not to be considered a recommendation and it is the reader's responsibility to evaluate any product, service, or company. NinjaTrader Ecosystem LLC is not responsible for the accuracy or content of any product, service or company linked to on this website.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by f.saeidi, Today, 12:14 PM
              2 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post f.saeidi  
              Started by TradeForge, 04-19-2024, 02:09 AM
              2 responses
              0 likes