Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Changing Orders in a Strategy Using the Mouse and dragging

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Changing Orders in a Strategy Using the Mouse and dragging

OK. How can I go about doing the following. Sometimes when I have a strategy managing my orders, I may want to adjust the stop for the order either up of down.
    If I drag the Stop or Profit target, it goes back to where the strategy placed it on the next bar update. Is there a way I can catch the adjusted new price target of stop when it is moved by me so that the strategy accepts it? Thanks.

Hello richa61416,

Thanks for your post.

Strategies are intended to run without manual adjustment and that behavior would be expected when using the set methods for the profit target and stop loss.

It is possible to create a strategy that does allow you to directly control and adjust profit targets and stops dynamically. This type of strategy is a hybrid that uses special ATM methods to create and control and ATM template (which you create). In your NinjaTrader is an example of this type strategy called SampleATMstrategy that you can review and test to better understand its use. The Ninjascript code is well commented to help understand the functionality. Here is a link to the help guide to further understand the methods for this type strategy: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...gy_methods.htm
    Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by GussJ, 03-04-2020, 03:11 PM
    16 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post Leafcutter  
    Started by WHICKED, Today, 12:45 PM
    2 responses
    0 likes