Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Order filled one bar later

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Order filled one bar later

Hello,

I'm trying to figure out something while playing with basic stuff.

I have an indicator (it could be anything) but let's say
    ((Close[2] < Open[2] & Close[1] < Open[1])) which displays the white arrow (see screenshot below).

Now I use the same exact condition to enter a long position. Something like this:

if ((Close[2] < Open[2] & Close[1] < Open[1]))
    {
    EnterLong("Long");
    }

The condition happens (brown arrow) at the same time of the indicator but the order gets placed one bar later (blue arrow). The purple arrow is the exit.

I would like for the order to be placed at the opening of the bar with the white arrow. How do I accomplish it?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Annotation 2020-05-25 172140.png
Views:	181
Size:	3.0 KB
ID:	1101604

Thanks!

Hello TexFly,

Thanks for your post.

Based on your observations it sounds like you are running the strategy with Calculate.OnBarClose which means any actions determined by your strategy are performed at the end of the bar, such as drawing the white arrow and placing the entry order, however the order cannot be filled until the next bar due to the time it takes to process the order.

If you are working with live data or Playback with market replay data, you could test working with Calculate.OnPriceChange or Calculate.OnEachTick which would allow you to place the order on the FirstTickOfBar. Reference: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ttickofbar.htm

Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PaulH View Post
      Hello TexFly,

Thanks for your post.

Based on your observations it sounds like you are running the strategy with Calculate.OnBarClose which means any actions determined by your strategy are performed at the end of the bar, such as drawing the white arrow and placing the entry order, however the order cannot be filled until the next bar due to the time it takes to process the order.

If you are working with live data or Playback with market replay data, you could test working with Calculate.OnPriceChange or Calculate.OnEachTick which would allow you to place the order on the FirstTickOfBar. Reference: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ttickofbar.htm
      Thanks Paul. I will take a look!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by wzgy0920, 04-20-2024, 06:09 PM
      2 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post wzgy0920  
      Started by wzgy0920, 02-22-2024, 01:11 AM
      5 responses
      0 likes