Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Take-Profit based upon Fibonacci extensions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Take-Profit based upon Fibonacci extensions

Hi! I am trying to produce a strategy based upon an Opening Range Breakout Strategy; where the OR Low is stop loss for a Long order taken at the OR High and vice-versa.

I am using PJ Smith's opening range indicator to return the opening range high and low for a custom time range.

I am hoping to set a Fibonacci Extension price as the take-profit point for the strategy; I am struggling immensely with this as I have tried using conventional arithmetic operators as well as tried to find Fibonacci Extension indicators that would plot the price extensions such that I could simply plug it in to the Strategy Builder.

My programming knowledge is at this stage pretty rudimentary (BASIC with a little experience with C#) but I am willing to learn.

Hello ganesaraja12,

Welcome to the NinjaTrader forums!

The Strategy Builder is limited to making simple left and right comparison strategies like a basic Wizard generator.

Below is a link to a forum post with helpful information about getting started with NinjaScript and C#. I encourage you to review the Strategy Builder 301 and NinjaScript Editor 401 training videos.
    https://ninjatrader.com/support/foru...040#post786040

NinjaTrader has a FibonacciPivots indicator, are you trying to use this indicator in the Strategy Builder?
    Do you have a different fibonacci indicator you have imported that you are wanting to use in the Strategy Builder?

I personally am not aware of a FibonacciExtensions indicator, however this thread will remain open for any community members that may know of an existing script.

You may want to look through the User App Share of the NinjaTrader Ecosystem for any open source scripts that may suit your needs.
    https://ninjatraderecosystem.com/use...hare-results/?
    https://ninjatraderecosystem.com/use...arch=fibonacci

Are you looking for the script to draw Fibonacci Extension drawing objects and use the information from the lines of this object in an unlocked script?

Are you looking for the script to find manually drawn Fibonacci Extension drawing objects for the same purpose in an unlocked script?

The NinjaTrader Ecosystem website is for educational and informational purposes only and should not be considered a solicitation to buy or sell a futures contract or make any other type of investment decision. The add-ons listed on this website are not to be considered a recommendation and it is the reader's responsibility to evaluate any product, service, or company. NinjaTrader Ecosystem LLC is not responsible for the accuracy or content of any product, service or company linked to on this website.
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by Gerik, Today, 09:40 AM
    2 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post Gerik
    by Gerik

Started by RookieTrader, Today, 09:37 AM
    2 responses