Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Close position when two moving averages crossing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Close position when two moving averages crossing

Hi all,

So I'm trying to build a strategy with two MA's, lets say these are the 10MA & 20MA, I got my strategy to buy it when they cross and now I want my strategy to automatically take profit when the 5MA crosses the 20MA. How would I code this because it uses a different MA to close the position?

Hello Lotyok,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the NinjaTrader forums!

You would code it very much the same as you did for the cross to enter except you would be using the 5 and the 20 and calling an exit method.

Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hi thanks for your reply!

So.. this is what confuses me. Do I make that in the "Conditions and Actions" or "Stops and Profits"?

Comment

Hello Lotyok,

Thanks for your reply.

Great question!

The stops and profits window in the Strategy Builder would be for fixed value exits only, such as a profit or stop of say 10 ticks, or $300, or 5% and these would be applied to every entry.

In your case, you are wanting a dynamic exit based on the changing conditions of two moving averages. So you would need to use a set with the conditions of the moving averages cross and in the actions under Order management> select an appropriate exit method such as exitLong() or exitShort().

If you have not already reviewed, here are the resources to help with the Strategy Builder:
        Here are the educational resource available on the strategy builder:
        Free live webinar every other Thursday at 4:00 PM EST, through this link to all webinars: https://ninjatrader.com/PlatformTraining
        Previous recording of the Strategy Builder 301 webinar: https://youtu.be/HCyt90GAs9k?list=PL...auWXkWe0Nf&t=2
        Help guide for the strategy builder: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...gy_builder.htm
        Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
        6 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post DJ888
        by DJ888

Started by Jon17, Today, 04:33 PM
        0 responses