Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Reset Strategy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reset Strategy

Hi NT8,

I am building strategies in the strategy builder, and I am using trade performance results from the strategy baseline to adjust my contract size, is there any way/code I can enter in after unlock to reset the strategy - trades, realized performance, etc, back to 0. Right now, to do this I am unchecking and checking the box - but would rather there would be a way to do this. A code line to turn the strategy off and on again would work! Thank you!

Hello Austiner87,

Thank you for your post.

There would not be a supported way for a strategy to reset itself from code - while you can tell it to terminate, you can't tell it to restart itself as strategies cannot be enabled from code. To terminate a strategy and reset it, you would have to disable the strategy and re-enable it by checking or unchecking the "Enabled" checkbox.

However, we do have an existing feature request to allow strategies to be enabled from NinjaScript to which I have added a vote on your behalf. This request is being tracked under the number SFT-2844.

As with all feature requests, interest is tracked before implementation is considered, so we cannot offer an ETA or promise of fulfillment. If implemented, it will be noted in the Release Notes page of the Help Guide.

Release Notes — https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ease_notes.htm

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance to you.
    Kate W.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by rajendrasubedi2023, Today, 09:50 AM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post rajendrasubedi2023  
    Started by ender_wiggum, Today, 09:50 AM
    0 responses
    0 likes