Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Strategy Builder - Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strategy Builder - Help

Hallo.
    I am trying to build this strategy with the Strategy builder
    Default input[0] > Swing(SWING3).SwingLow[0]
    EnterShortStopMarket(DefaultQuantity, (Swing(SWING3).SwingLow[0] + (-5 * TickSize)) , "");
    What I wanted to do is: When the price crosses below the swing low indicator, enter a short stop market order, 5Ticks lower, what it really does right, but I have two problems:

1. It repeats the order when the price touches the same level, and I want to do it only the first time.
    2. I want to enter one order every time the indicator gives new lows, and it only does it the first low.

Thank you.

Hello PG7940,

Thank you for your post.

Would you be able to provide what you currently have for the strategy so I may test on my end?

You can export a strategy from Tools > Export > NinjaScript Add-On. Please do not check the box to export as a compiled assembly or I will not be able to review the code; attach the resulting .Zip file to your reply.

Thanks in advance; I look forward to assisting you further.
    Kate W.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Here I attache the strategy
      Attached Files

Comment

Hello PG7940,

I've received the strategy - I will review and get back to you as soon as possible - likely will be on Monday.

Thanks in advance; I look forward to assisting you further.

Comment

Hello PG7940,

Thank you for your patience.

I've had time to review this and from what I can see, if you don't want it to enter again if the low is the same as the previous low swing value, when you place your entry I would save the current swing low value to a variable which I would call LastEntryLowSwingPrice, that is set to 0 by default. You can then add a condition to your entry conditions not to place another order if the current swing value is equal to the value saved in your variable.

As far as allowing additional entries to be taken, you will need to adjust the Entries per Direction in order to allow it to enter more than once. You'll have to decide how many orders you'd want to be active at any given point, but a number greater than 1 will allow multiple entries to be made.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance to you.

Comment

Hallo Kate.
            Thank you for the information.
            I don´t know how to do it.

Regards.

Comment

Hello PG7940,

Thank you for your reply.

Here's a link to the help guide which goes over how to add a variable: https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...ariablesScreen

Once added, you can then create a condition using it on the screen where you check whether it is true or false to control the entry and then set it to true after you enter.

You can also contact one of our professional NinjaScript Consultants or Educators who would be eager to create or modify this script at your request or assist you with your script. Please let me know if you would like a list of professional NinjaScript Consultants or Educators who would be happy to create or modify any script at your request or assist you in learning NinjaScript.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance to you.

Comment

Hallo Kate.
                Thank you for your explanation.
                I would like to receive information of your professional consultants or educators.

Regards.

Comment

Hello,

This is Patrick from the NinjaTrader Business Development team responding on behalf of my colleague.

You can search our extensive library of NinjaScript consultants through the link below. Simply enter a consultant name or search by using our filter categories. Once you have identified your consultants of choice, please visit each consultant's site for more information or contact them directly to learn more:
                  You can locate the contact information for the consultants on their direct websites for any additional questions you may have. Since these consultants are third-party services for NinjaTrader, all pricing and support information will need to be obtained through the consultant.

Let me know if I may be of further assistance

The NinjaTrader Ecosystem website is for educational and informational purposes only and should not be considered a solicitation to buy or sell a futures contract or make any other type of investment decision. The companies and services listed on this website are not to be considered a recommendation and it is the reader's responsibility to evaluate any product, service, or company. NinjaTrader Ecosystem, LLC is not responsible for the accuracy or content of any product, service or company linked to on this website.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                  Started by Shansen, 08-30-2019, 10:18 PM
                  24 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post spwizard  
                  Started by Max238, Today, 01:28 AM
                  0 responses
                  0 likes
                  Last Post Max238