Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Break at EOD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Break at EOD

I've read about the Break at EOD, and how it can create differences in back-testing results. However, I was curious if it has any applicability to running strategies in real time. I guess what I'm wondering is, since the option creates meaningful differences in the back-testing results, do I need to worry about specifying that option anywhere in my actual strategy? If not, is there a rule of thumb as to which method (break or non-break) is going to better approximate real life?
    Thanks

Hello stewarco,

Thank you for your post.

Break at EOD scripts will run on the Data Series and the option may be set within the properties section of a Data Series. Bars are ensured to have a known starting point of which to give you a consistent, repeatable chart. This is especially important for bar types that are not based on time such as Volume and Tick based charts. However, for other bar types such as Range, Point and Figure, or others which are built around price action, enabling this property may cause bars to complete before their criteria have been satisfied. If you prefer the bar to satisfy to completion before creating a new bar, regardless of the time of day, you will want to ensure you have disabled the Break EOD property. Since the strategy processes on these bars, changing this option will change how the strategy behaves.

Additionally, more information about Break at EOD may be found in the NinjaTrader Help Guide link below.

Please let me know if I may further assist.

Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

ok, thanks. So I'm clear, is there a way for me specify this within the ninjascript, or only via the Chart/ Strategy UI?

Comment

Hello stewarco,

The Break at EOD option is only set within the Data series window or when setting up a Data Series in the New Strategy window.

Information about setting Break at EOD within the Data Series window may be found in the NinjaTrader Help Guide link below.

Let me know if I may assist further.
        Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post jaybedreamin  
        Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
        6 responses