Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Same strategy run on different computers gives me different Results!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Same strategy run on different computers gives me different Results!

Hello,

My name is Roberto,

I have an issue I hope you can clarify for me... I do Trading with my brother sitting next to me (Literally). I try one strategy and backtested for 6 months in the strategy analizer and gives me one result. I Export the exactly same strategy to him to run it and his computer gives 3 less trades than mine.

For this matter we have set up exactly the same:
    1. Instrument
    2. Trading Hours
    3. Schedule
    When we make the backtest of the strategy on exactly the same Start-End Dates, the same instrument and we get different results.

Can you please tell me why this happens?

Thnaks

Hello RobertoPaez,

Thank you for the post.

There could be a number of reasons for the difference, generally for this type of comparison you would need to add Prints into your logic or other debugging to make sure the scripts processed identically. If there is differences in data or starting point that will generally cause differences in how indicators calculate or how trades are placed.

I could suggest to make a copy of the SampleMACrossOver and add a print in with Print(Time[0]);, The sample will help because it is very simple and adding the print will help visualize how the two tests process. Using a short test will also help to see only a few occurrences of the difference to better understand it.

That would be a good place to start debugging what is different. You can alternatively try and use the chart to visualize where the difference starts but then that will require you to guess where in the logic that deviation comes from.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by cls71, Today, 04:45 AM
    1 response
    0 likes
    Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
    Started by TradeForge, Today, 02:09 AM
    1 response
    0 likes