Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Exit the running trade in a strategy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it possible to give an example script to be able to use tick replay using OnBarUpade() so I can compare the Realized Profit with and exit vs wait till close of the bar ?

Comment

Hello mtamaku,

The Calculate setting can be set in the Strategy parameters.
      Below is a link to the help guide.

The Calculate setting is discussed in the Strategy Builder 301 training video.
      Below is a link to a forum post with helpful information about getting started with NinjaScript.

As you have requested an example, attached is the same example with the Calculate set to default to .OnPriceChange.

Attached Files
      Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Sorry I am not clear. Are you saying, Calculate=OnEachTick vs OnBarClose would only change I would need in the script to be able to stop trading as soon as target profit or loss reached the set value exactly at next tick while the trade is open in the current bar that have not closed ?

Comment

Hello mtamaku,

Using Calculate.OnPriceChange (or Calculate.OnEachTick) would allow OnBarUpdate to run on every price change and check the logic to see if the pnl has crossed the threshold before the bar closes.

Calculate.OnPriceChange is more efficient than running the logic on every received tick. The PnL is only going to change if the price changes.

Comment

OMG !!! this one line changed the way I want...Calculate=OnPriceChange...We had so many thread discussion...Please see the result attached.
            It stops trading as soon hit the daily limit set of 200 in this example. Thanks very much for all the help.
            Attached Files
            Last edited by mtamaku; 07-23-2020, 09:56 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by mtamaku View Post
              OMG !!! this one line changed the way I want...Calculate=OnPriceChange...We had so many thread discussion...Please see the result attached.
              It stops trading as soon hit the daily limit set of 200 in this example. Thanks very much for all the help.
              Hi Sir, I am a absolute noob programming. Would you like to share the script you built? I've been seeking for that particular exit strategy for months and I'm not even close to find the solution. I don't know how to use strategy builder.
              Thank you.

Comment

Hello mrscalping,

Welcome to the NinjaTrader forums!

I see that your inquiry is for mtamaku.

I wanted to include a link to a forum post with helpful information about getting started with programming C# and NinjaScript if you would like to start learning.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:53 AM
                0 responses
                1 view
                0 likes
                Last Post CortexZenUSA  
                Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:46 AM
                0 responses