Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Strategy Analyzer only run on a few days?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strategy Analyzer only run on a few days?

Hi All,

I'm looking to test a strategy on the 1m chart for stock (e.g. UBER) and I've connected NT to TDA for data feed.
    When I run the analyzer and select start date 01/01/2020 and end date of yesterday (07/19/2020), I can see that the first trade was in 1/2/2020 and the last in 1/21/2020. If I switch to the display/chart I can see data from 01/01/2020 all the way to 07/19/2020.. yet, no trades past 1/21/2020. Why is that?

Hello darkgreen,

If the data is available and the expected orders are not appearing, this would likely indicate the logic conditions did not evaluate as true or orders are being ignored or cancelled.

In order to better understand how the code is working, it will be necessary to use Print and enable TraceOrders to see how the conditions are evaluating and if orders are being submitted, ignored, or cancelled.

Below is a link to a forum post that demonstrates using prints to understand behavior.

Enable TraceOrders, print the time of the bar and all values used in the conditions that submit entry orders.

Let me know if you need any assistance creating a print or enabling TraceOrders.

Save the output from the output window to a text file and provide this with your next post.

I'll be happy to assist with analyzing the output.
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by GLFX005, Today, 03:23 AM
    0 responses
    1 view
    0 likes
    Last Post GLFX005
    by GLFX005

Started by XXtrader, Yesterday, 11:30 PM