Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Error message on startup of NT with strategy in workspace

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error message on startup of NT with strategy in workspace

Hi,
    I saved my strategy to the workspace that will be opened each time I run Ninja Trader. Without even connecting to data, I see this error on startup:
    Time Category Message

7/28/2020 7:54:58 PM Default Strategy 'QuickEntry2/136549366': Error in loading strategy from the database: System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object. at NinjaTrader.NinjaScript.StrategyBase.GetTradingHou rs(Instrument instrument) at NinjaTrader.NinjaScript.StrategyBase.DbLoad()

However, if I save my workspace without the strategy, there wouldn't be any error message but then I have to manually add the strategy to each chart that I intend to use it with (which is a hassle). Is there anything I can check?
    The strategy basically submits an ATM order on mouse click so I'm not loading any secondary series or anything esoteric like that. I just find it strange to see the error message even before data connection.

Thanks.

Hi mav8rick, thanks for your question.

I would need to test a script that reproduces the problem. I will be happy to look at an example strategy that re-creates the problem. You may post a .zip here or send it into platformsupport at ninjatrader.com and reference "Attn ChrisL 2673829" in the body of the email.

I look forward to hearing from you.
    Chris L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by Jltarrau, Today, 05:57 AM
    1 response
    0 likes
    Last Post NinjaTrader_LuisH  
    Started by kujista, Today, 06:23 AM
    0 responses