Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

For NinjaTrader_PaulH, Intradayflags strategy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For NinjaTrader_PaulH, Intradayflags strategy

I tried to send PM to NinjaTrader_PaulH, but got an error, so I am posting here.

I am writing in regards to Intradayflags strategy, that I downloaded and it listed you as a creator of it. Can you also add short trades, because currently strategy only trades long. I tried to do it myself, but failed to do so.

Hello UltraNIX,

Please send this inquiry, as well as all future inquiries directed to NinjaTrader Platform Support members that you would like to keep private and off of the forums to platformsupport [at] ninjatrader [dot] com.

Our support staff does not answer private messages as these cannot be tracked or picked up by other member of our support.

Regarding your script, where are you failing to place short entry orders? Is the condition not evaluating as true or is the order being ignored or rejected?

You can also contact a professional NinjaScript Consultant who would be eager to create or modify this script at your request or assist you with your script. The NinjaTrader Ecosystem has affiliate contacts who provide educational as well as consulting services. Please let me know if you would like our business development follow up with you with a list of affiliate consultants who would be happy to create this script or any others at your request.
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you for the reply. I don't mind posting this in public, as I am sure others would also benefit from this strategy.

The whole strategy is written to trade only long positions. I tried to add code for it to trade shorts as well, but failed. So if the original creator (who adapted this Strategy to NinjaTrader) would do it, I am sure everyone would appreciate it.

Comment

Hello UltraNIX,

The examples we create are only intended to be samples to show that the goal is possible to achieve as we are not able to assist with logic. These examples generally only place trades in one direction so that we are not writing code that coders will actually use in the script, and so that coders will write their own logic.

Unfortunately, in the support department at NinjaTrader it is against our policy to create, debug, or modify, code or logic for our clients. This is so that we can maintain a high level of service for all of our clients as well as our partners.

You can also contact a professional NinjaScript Consultant who would be eager to create or modify this script at your request or assist you with your script. The NinjaTrader Ecosystem has affiliate contacts who provide educational as well as consulting services. Please let me know if you would like our business development follow up with you with a list of affiliate consultants who would be happy to create this script or any others at your request.

I am happy to assist you with your custom logic.

What is failing?
        Is the condition not evaluating as true?
        Are you using prints and TraceOrders to understand the behavior?
        Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I am raising this question again. Since the initial post, new members like s.kinra entered this forum, so maybe you can give a try at adding Short trades to this strategy (as it's a long-only).
          Link to it in NinjaTrader's Ecosystem: https://ninjatraderecosystem.com/use...intradayflags/

Or maybe NinjaTrader_PaulH , NinjaTrader_Kate or other staff member could do it.

Comment

Hello UltraNIX,
            Thanks for naming me in this thread, I'll look into the strategy you're referring. Hopefully we'll get a work around.

Comment

Originally posted by s.kinra View Post
              Hello UltraNIX,
              Thanks for naming me in this thread, I'll look into the strategy you're referring. Hopefully we'll get a work around.
              You've been so helpful recently, I hope you could help this time as well.

Comment

Hello,
                Just to update you I am mostly done with the code workflow, in some more time maybe tomorrow I can close this grasping part. So, next I am sure will be able to add the Short Trade side which I am planning for weekend as it may take some time & I prefer to complete in a go.

Comment

Originally posted by s.kinra View Post
                  Hello,
                  Just to update you I am mostly done with the code workflow, in some more time maybe tomorrow I can close this grasping part. So, next I am sure will be able to add the Short Trade side which I am planning for weekend as it may take some time & I prefer to complete in a go.
                  Great, you are my hero!

Comment

Hello,
                    I am done with the code, it can now take Short Trades, Good Luck!
                    I leave it on you to optimize & make the required changes (if any), you must do thorough testing before using it with Live Account.
                    Here you get it, enjoy!
                    Intradayflags.zip

Comment

Wow, going to load and test if it works. But I trust you, thanks for the hard work you've put in!

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                      Started by andrewtrades, Today, 04:57 PM
                      1 response
                      0 likes
                      Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
                      Started by chbruno, Today, 04:10 PM
                      0 responses
                      0 likes
                      Last Post chbruno