Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Alerts in Strategy Builder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Alerts in Strategy Builder

Hello community. I am working on developing a custom alert in strategy builder. I am interested in storing instrument name in a variable so it can be called by the alert system to send me a notification via shared service which is set up already. At the moment I am only able to receive whatever custom message I have set up, but I need to receive instrument name, price and time.

I would like the alert to say:
    sharkBOT Alert - Long Entry AAPL $450.00 120000 AM and a screenshot of the chart if possible

Please help. Thank you.

Hello Dhjesus,

Thank you for your post.

There would not be a method to pull the instrument name that would be available in the Strategy Builder. You could certainly use a User Input and type the instrument name in manually when applying the strategy and use that, however. You would have to manually fill in the name of the instrument in the Strategy properties when applying the script to a chart.

Price and time would be easier to include since you can select those when you click the "Set" button on a field when building the message string.

It would not be possible to attach a screenshot of the screen at the time using the builder as there is no method that allows a screenshot to be taken. Screenshot path in the Share method would allow you to send an existing screenshot only.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance to you.
    Kate W.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by cls71, Today, 04:45 AM
    0 responses
    1 view
    0 likes
    Last Post cls71
    by cls71

Started by mjairg, 07-20-2023, 11:57 PM