Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Get Strategy Position Size

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Get Strategy Position Size

Hi Guys,

What script give me current Long or Short position size by strategy?

Thanks, Sean

Hello Sean,

I'm not aware of an existing script that plainly shows this, but there are many that use the Position information internally.

You can find the market position of a NinjaScript Strategy with Position.MarketPosition.

And the quantity with Position.Quantity.
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

hello i need an expert position sizer with hot key of the keyboard to help be fastest cuz im a scalper
      so if someone have an idea please send a message on my email [redacted]
      Last edited by NinjaTrader_Emily; 02-08-2023, 03:49 PM. Reason: removed email address

Comment

Hello RayenTrader,

Thank you for your note.

I have edited your post to remove your email address; please refrain from posting personal information directly in the forums. This is to protect you from spam and unwanted email messages. If someone would like to reach out to you directly, they may click the message icon next to your name on the post to send you a direct message and you could exchange contact information inside of the DM if you'd like.

That being said, an add-on similar to what you are looking for may be publicly available on our NinjaTrader Ecosystem website:For example, using the search on that site I was able to find the following hot keys script:Otherwise, if you aren't able to find a script exactly like what you are looking for, you may also contact a professional NinjaScript Consultant who would be eager to create or modify this script at your request or assist you with your script. The NinjaTrader Ecosystem has affiliate contacts who provide educational as well as consulting services. Please let me know if you would like a list of affiliate consultants who would be happy to create this script or any others at your request or provide one on one educational services.

Here is a basic guideline of how to import NinjaScript add-ons in NinjaTrader 8:

Note — To import NinjaScripts you will need the original .zip file.

To Import:
        1. Download the NinjaScripts to your desktop, keep them in the compressed .zip file.
        2. From the Control Center window select the menu Tools > Import > NinjaScript Add-on...
        3. Select the downloaded .zip file
        4. NinjaTrader will then confirm if the import has been successful.

Critical - Specifically for some NinjaScripts, it will prompt that you are running newer versions of @SMA, @EMA, etc. and ask if you want to replace, press 'No'

Once installed, you may add the indicator to a chart by:
        • Right-click your chart > Indicators... > Select the Indicator from the 'Available' list on the left > Add > OK

Here is a short video demonstration of the import process:
        Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.

The NinjaTrader Ecosystem website is for educational and informational purposes only and should not be considered a solicitation to buy or sell a futures contract or make any other type of investment decision. The add-ons listed on this website are not to be considered a recommendation and it is the reader's responsibility to evaluate any product, service, or company. NinjaTrader Ecosystem LLC is not responsible for the accuracy or content of any product, service or company linked to on this website.
        Emily C.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by rdtdale, Today, 01:02 PM
        1 response
        0 likes
        Last Post NinjaTrader_LuisH  
        Started by alifarahani, Today, 09:40 AM
        3 responses
        0 likes