Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Fibonacci Strategy in Strategy Builder - Not working and no clue why not

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fibonacci Strategy in Strategy Builder - Not working and no clue why not

Hi there, I'm trying to use the Fibonacci Pivots Indicator with a simple strategy to enter a long position when the price (on tick basis) crosses over one of the fibonacci levels, short, when it crosses under. I thought I could do this in strategy builder quickly by just saying Price (ask) > fibonaci S2 for example...

However it doesn't work.. The attached ZIP is not an exported add-on, just a text file containing the strategy, as I get errors when trying to export the strategy (however it compiles just fine).
    Would appreciate some insight on how to troubleshoot and if somebody has another indicator (free) that does something similar, I'd appreciate a note!

Cheers!
    Attached Files

Hello Oracletrades,

When exporting, select System indicators from the drop-down and then add the FibonnaciPivots indicator with the export.

The GetCurrentAsk() is a snapshot of the current ask and not a series, this means that plot has to cross the current ask. You may be wanting to use the Close for the current last price as this provides a series.

Use prints to understand the behavior of a strategy.
    Watch the video labelled 'Debugging using prints with the Strategy Builder' in the post linked below.
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Oracletrades,
      You have to use Close or High or Low to cross above or cross below the pivots points you're testing. Also, just a follow-up, does it work for you?

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by GussJ, 03-04-2020, 03:11 PM
      12 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post Leafcutter  
      Started by AveryFlynn, Today, 04:57 AM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post AveryFlynn