Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Negative daily net profit on automated system

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Negative daily net profit on automated system

I am backtesting VA Channel by AMN Trader and it appears to make some inconsistent gains. The whole point of automated trading is to generate consistent profit, without having to speculate on future results. Is it possible to generate consistent profits every day with an ATS or do I have to let this run and speculate on the performance of yet another chart?

Hello XM010-3841,

Thanks for your post.

I cannot speak for the logic of that strategy, but in general, strategies are going to be more effective on some symbols than others. Understanding what symbols a strategy would be effective in requires an intimate understanding of the study behind the strategy, and an intimate understanding of the symbol you wish to deploy it against.

NinjaTrader offers functionality to backtest an instrument list inside of a "basket test" so you can compare performance across multiple symbols to identify symbols that work well with the strategy.

Basket test - https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...asket_test.htm

We look forward to assisting.
    JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jim View Post
      Hello XM010-3841,

Thanks for your post.

I cannot speak for the logic of that strategy, but in general, strategies are going to be more effective on some symbols than others. Understanding what symbols a strategy would be effective in requires an intimate understanding of the study behind the strategy, and an intimate understanding of the symbol you wish to deploy it against.

NinjaTrader offers functionality to backtest an instrument list inside of a "basket test" so you can compare performance across multiple symbols to identify symbols that work well with the strategy.

Basket test - https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...asket_test.htm

Is this forum for customer service related questions or general discussions about trading? I may have been asking in the wrong forum here.

Comment

Hello XM010-3841,

This forum is for customer related questions and technical support.

You are welcome to ask questions about trading to discuss with community members, but our staff cannot assist with trading advise related questions.

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Jim View Post
          Hello XM010-3841,

This forum is for customer related questions and technical support.

You are welcome to ask questions about trading to discuss with community members, but our staff cannot assist with trading advise related questions.
          Is there a forum where I can talk directly to other users? The majority of my questions are not questions that you are able to address it seems. I tried Forex Factory but they wont even let you post threads unless you are a "senior member", whatever that means.

Comment

Hello XM010-3841,

There are several trading forums that can be found with a quick internet search. I may suggest checking a few of those out and to have a look at the conversation on those forums to see if they align with the general trading questions you have.

Many of our users are active on other popular trading forums. Some of those forums have a sensitive relationship with us, so I can't link directly, but if you search for "futures trading forum" you should find your way. Other users would be free to link to those forums and their feedback is welcome to this thread.

If you have any NinjaTrader specific questions, we can certainly help you here.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by gravdigaz6, Today, 11:40 PM
            1 response
            0 likes
            Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
            Started by MarianApalaghiei, Today, 10:49 PM
            3 responses