X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ben989
    replied
    WOW
    Kate - I thank you again and I start to sound like a broken record but HUGE THANK YOU

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_Kate
    replied
    Hello Ben989,

Thank you for your reply.

Not with the built in Drawing Tools, no. There's an add-on on our publicly available user app share that allows resizing of drawing tools, however:

https://ninjatraderecosystem.com/use...rtmarkersplus/

Usage of these would require unlocking the code and manually coding these in, however. As these aren't an official NinjaTrader release our support would be limited.

Here is a basic guideline of how to import NinjaScript add-ons in NinjaTrader 8:

Note — To import NinjaScripts you will need the original .zip file.

To Import:
    1. Download the NinjaScripts to your desktop, keep them in the compressed .zip file.
    2. From the Control Center window select the menu Tools > Import > NinjaScript Add-on...
    3. Select the downloaded .zip file
    4. NinjaTrader will then confirm if the import has been successful.

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.

The NinjaTrader Ecosystem website is for educational and informational purposes only and should not be considered a solicitation to buy or sell a futures contract or make any other type of investment decision. The add-ons listed on this website are not to be considered a recommendation and it is the reader's responsibility to evaluate any product, service, or company. NinjaTrader Ecosystem LLC is not responsible for the accuracy or content of any product, service or company linked to on this website.

Leave a comment:

• Ben989
    replied
    Kate
    One last short question- is there a way to reduce the size of the dots ? they are very big.
    Thanks again
    Ben

Leave a comment:

• Ben989
    replied
    Kate
    You are incredible. it woked like a charm.
    Thank you so much for your wonderful support and patience.
    You are a true asset to the Ninjatrader family
    Thanks again
    Ben

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_Kate
    replied
    Hello Ben989,

The dots were actually plotting, you just had it set to be the High[0] + (High[0] + (-8 * TickSize)) for the offset, so they were plotting outside the viewable bounds of the screen. I've corrected that and they should plot 8 ticks below the bar high now.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance to you.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Ben989
    replied
    Thanks again Kate- do it all but still no dots - no idea why- it was so easy on ninja 7 took me a minute, sorry for all the bothering but would not be able to do that without your help.
    here is the updated version- where i chose currentbar[0] from the drop down menu and put -8 ticks at the Y.
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_Kate
    replied
    Hello Ben989,

You've just typed in CurrentBar[0] into the field. You need to click the Set button on the right of the field and select Current Bar from the Misc folder.

From what I can see they do look like they're plotting in the proper place, however - to do 8 ticks below, you'd need to set it to -8 ticks from the current high.

Leave a comment:

• Ben989
    replied
    so sorry-
    i noticed that i am getting only 1 dot instead of a dot for every bar, also the location is wrong- i put 8 ticks bellow the current bar high and it plots one dot somewhere lol.
    Again Huge Thanks
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_Kate
    replied
    Hello Ben989,

You've exported this as a compiled assembly, so I'm unable to view your code. Please try exporting again, making sure not to check the "Export as a Compiled Assembly" box, then attach the resulting .zip file to your reply.

Thanks in advance; I look forward to assisting you further.

Leave a comment:

• Ben989
    replied
    Hi Kate
    I did what you suggested but still dont get the dots- any idea what am i doing wrong ?

Thanks again

Ben
    Attached Files

Leave a comment:

• Ben989
    replied
    Hi Kate
    Thank you so much, Your support is incredible- I will do that later today- this is a huge help.
    HUGE THANK YOU.

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_Kate
    replied
    Hello Ben989,

Sure! You'd want to adjust the Tag field for your dot drawing object to look like this:

Click image for larger version

Name:	2020-09-28_07-08-26.png
Views:	29
Size:	12.5 KB
ID:	1120139

Leave a comment:

• Ben989
    replied
    Hi Kate
    I tried to do what you said but failed, could you please please please elaborate a little more. HUGE THANK YOU in advance.

Leave a comment:

• Ben989
    replied
    Dear Kate
    You are amazing, thank you so much, this is an incredible support.
    I will do what you suggested .
    HUGE THANKS
    Ben

Leave a comment:

• NinjaTrader_Kate
    replied
    Hello Ben989,

I noticed after changing the color of the dot it draws that it did actually plot a single dot - this is because you aren't giving a unique tag to each dot drawn. The NinjaTrader 7 version uses CurrentBar to accomplish this within its tag name and you can do the same in NinjaTrader 8 - add another set to the Tag Name for the Dot that has Misc > CurrentBar set for its value to make each tag unique.

Leave a comment:

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
Started by rajeshks1988, Yesterday, 05:32 AM
1 response
0 likes
Last Post cincai
by cincai

Started by MaraAnkh, Yesterday, 08:44 PM
1 response
0 likes