Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Strategy analyzer error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strategy analyzer error

Hello,

I keep getting this error every time I try to optimize a strategy on minute data. I do not get an error on tick or daily data with the same strategy. I have tried deleting and redownloading all of the data, repairing the database, resetting the database, and doing a "repair" reinstallation. I cant find anything about a strategy.performance.add error anywhere. Nothing shows up in the log at all. Any idea to get me started??

Actually it looks like it can happen with daily data too, it seems to be happening at a certain iteration of the backtest, and there were more trades with minute data than daily data. So with minute data it gets 5-10 interations in before this happens. With a new daily test I just tried it got to iteration 149 before the error.

Comment

the same thing happens if I apply the strategy to a chart and enable it. While calculating the strategy it will generate the error UNLESS there are no trades that occurred historically. This is a strategy that I have had running successfully for months on futures tick data without any issues, and I am trying to adapt it to stocks. In case that is useful at all.

Comment

I figured it out. I just had an error where a variable that was being set to 0 was being used to set the number of shares traded. So every time the strategy tried to place a limit order for 0 shares, it would crash the program.

Comment

Hello RobotSyndicate,

Thank you for your posts.

What exactly do you mean by crash the program - would just the Strategy Analyzer freeze, would the whole platform freeze, would the platform entirely shut down? We would not expect a crash after an invalid order quantity, so we would want to reproduce this behavior and report it to our development team if that is in fact the case. I haven't been able to reproduce this in my testing - would you be able to provide a reduced sample script that we can test on our end? All code unnecessary to reproduce should be removed.

Thanks in advance; I look forward to assisting you further.
          Kate W.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Kate,

By crash the program, I mean NT8 would terminate entirely, as if I force quit the program. I will work on a reduced same script to reproduce the error.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by arvidvanstaey, Today, 02:19 PM
            4 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post arvidvanstaey  
            Started by samish18, 04-17-2024, 08:57 AM
            16 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post samish18