Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

How to make purchases and sales at the close of the bar and update the stop in ticks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Kate, if the settings you make for the video test are
    9:35 am open
    3:30 pm close
    3:59 pm safe closed
    and
    10 trade for day

Send print data serie.

Thanks You.
    Attached Files

Comment

Hello Kate, The play back tests have the same configuration as real time, I do not make any changes, I only execute at the time it should be executed.

Thanks Very much

Comment

Hello Kate. Could you make the test?

Thank you so much.

Comment

Hello jmarcano,

This thread has taken a bit of a dive. Let's try to refocus this matter.

If an order is not submitted when we expect it to, we need to reproduce the occurrence, and use debugging prints to to tell us why our conditions have not become true to allow the order submission method to be reached.

If our debugging prints confirm the order submission method has been reached, then we will want to use TraceOrders to see why that submission has been ignored.

We can also comment sections of code to focus on the functionality of specific parts.

To be clear, our role for support is not to test your code and take the debugging steps for you. We can advise on the debugging steps and we suggest focusing on these steps to understand why the strategy has taken those actions and have not taken those actions.

I think that the debugging info you are using may be causing a distraction. I took the liberty to demonstrate some modifications so you can reduce the number of prints seen so your debug output is easier to understand. I also notices you had a print for your Short conditions that was printing criteria for your long conditions. Please review these changes so it is clearer on how you can make your prints more informative and how you can reduce the number of irrelevant prints that are displayed.

I have also recorded a courtesy video demonstration explaining further on how you can clean up your prints, and how you can interpret the debugging output.

Demo - https://drive.google.com/file/d/1YmC...w?usp=drivesdk

(If you are using Tick Replay, historical data can be processed OnEachTick or OnPriceChange, but the data series used to fill orders will still be the data series that the order is submitted to. OHLC values of the primary data series will be used to simulate order fills without any intrabar granularity. If you are using Tick Replay, you will want to also submit orders to a single tick data series, see below.)

Backtesting with intrabar granularity - https://ninjatrader.com/es/support/h...ipt_strate.htm

As this thread has gotten extremely deep, it starts to get difficult for us or another technician to pick up the ticket and assist further. If you have any additional questions on how to take debugging steps and interpret them, please email me at platformsupport [at] ninjatrader [dot] com with the text "Attn Jim 2782802" and a link to this thread.

We look forward to assisting.
          Attached Files
          JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:10 AM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post Waxavi
          by Waxavi