Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Strategy shows I'm in a position but I shouldn't be

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strategy shows I'm in a position but I shouldn't be

My strategy is showing that I'm in a position but I'm not. Usually happens at beginning of the day. How do I reset the strategy at beginning of day maybe? Or any other thoughts?

Thanks.

Attached Files

Hello elcowen,

Thank you for your post.

When a strategy is yellow (or orange) in the Strategies tab of the Control Center, this means that the strategy entered a historical (virtual) position in the historical data that has been loaded and that you have "Wait until flat" selected for the 'Start behavior' option in the strategy parameters.

When a strategy is enabled, it processes historical data to determine trades that the strategy would have made on the data that is already on the PC/chart and to determine what position the strategy is in. (Strategy positions are separate from actual Account positions).

Once the strategy has finished processing the historical data and has transitioned to real-time, 'Wait Until Flat' will wait until there is a real-time order submission that will cause the strategy to become flat. All positions must be flat before real-time orders will begin.

If you do not want the strategy to calculate a position from processing historical data, you could add if (State == State.Historical) return; to the top of your strategy logic so historical processing is skipped. The strategy will then always start from a flat position because it has not calculated any orders.

Please see the help guide links below for more information about Start Behavior and Strategy vs Account Position.

Strategy vs. Account Position — https://ninjatrader.com/support/help..._account_p.htm

Start Behaviors — https://ninjatrader.com/support/help..._positions.htm

Let us know if we may assist further.
    Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by junkone, 04-21-2024, 07:17 AM
    10 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH  
    Started by tsantospinto, 04-12-2024, 07:04 PM