Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Stop Limit Order Entry

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stop Limit Order Entry

After about five days of experimenting I have finally have a script that identifies my signal bars. But for the life of me I am not able to get a stop limit entry one tic above/below the Hi/Lo of the signal bar. I have not found "Current Price" greater/less than, so am at a loss. May I have some guidance please. Thanks RickR . . . Sorry I forgot I want a Target of 10 Tics and a Stop of 12 Ticks
    Last edited by rickr; 10-15-2020, 01:35 PM.

Hello rickr, thanks for writing in.

A Buy Stop Limit order one tick above the high with no stop price would be written as: EnterLongStopLimit(High[0] + TickSize, High[0] + TickSize);

Is the order you are submitting getting rejected or ignored? If so always make sure you check the requested order price level is at a legal price level before submitting it. Buy Stop Limit orders must be above market price and Sell Stop Limits must be below market price. You can check the latest updated close price by referencing the Close[0] index.

Please let me know if I can assist any further.

Chris L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Sorry Chris, I failed to tell you I am using Strategy Builder as I am not a coder. I have attached pics of the script written which ID's my SignalBars. Not sure if I need additional condition like "CurrentPriceOneTickAboveCloseOneBarAgo" or just an "Action" line to enter orders. Additionally I need Target/Stop Orders entered'
      Thx, Rick

. Click image for larger version  Name:	SignalBarScript.png Views:	0 Size:	12.0 KB ID:	1122997Click image for larger version  Name:	SignalBarID.png Views:	0 Size:	1.6 KB ID:	1122998
      Last edited by rickr; 10-16-2020, 05:39 AM.

Comment

Hello rickr, thanks for your reply.

I am not sure about what is not working. Are you unable to submit the order at the desired price level? I would need to see what you are attempting and what is not working.

Protective orders can be set up through the Stops and Targets page of the builder.

We have multiple examples on making conditions on this help guide section:

Here are also instructions on performing your entry order:

Best regards.
        Chris L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by frankthearm, Yesterday, 09:08 AM
        11 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post frankthearm  
        Started by junkone, Today, 11:37 AM