Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

C# 6.0 or later upgrades.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

C# 6.0 or later upgrades.

I'm using VS 2019 w/ resharper to code out my ideas. I've noticed that the default project uses C# 5.0 which is lacking in functionality. I assume you guys at Ninja Trader have stuck with that version for a reason, but I want to be certain. To potentially save myself some headache, would it hurt anything to upgrade the project to a later version of C#?

Thanks...

Hello Herrworlf1,

Thank you for your post.

NinjaTrader runs on C# 5.0 and it is not suggested to upgrade the project to a later version. I have submitted a vote for you to an existing feature request to use a newer version of C#. The internal tracking number for your feature request is SFT-3124. Please reference this internal tracking number when contacting Platform Support if you ever have questions regarding this feature request.

When a feature request is implemented, you'll find a description of the new feature in the release notes:Thanks in advance for your patience.
    Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Do you have a feature tracker where we can monitor feature requests? If not +1 to this. Modern versions of C# should be supported.

Comment

HypoXic5665 Additional useful reading here.

Thanks.
        Multi-Dimensional Managed Trading
        jeronymite
        NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - Mizpah Software

Comment

Originally posted by HypoXic5665 View Post
          Do you have a feature tracker where we can monitor feature requests? If not +1 to this. Modern versions of C# should be supported.
          Hello HypoXic5665,

Thank you for your post.

We do not have a customer-facing feature tracker. That said, I have added your vote to SFT-3124 as requested. Though we do not have a tracker, you may reference this internal tracking number when contacting support if you have questions regarding this feature request.

When a feature request is implemented, you'll find a description of the new feature in the release notes:​Thank you for your patience.
          Emily C.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

yes pls add my vote upgrade to .net 6.0 ASAP.
            if that is a major headache, i bet it is too... im ok to wait for .net 8 ;-)
            MicroTrends
            NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - micro-trends.co.uk

Comment

Originally posted by MicroTrends View Post
              yes pls add my vote upgrade to .net 6.0 ASAP.
              if that is a major headache, i bet it is too... im ok to wait for .net 8 ;-)
              Hello MicroTrends,

Thank you for your note.

Your vote has already been added per this post:
              It is great news that NinjaTrader is now upgraded to the .Net Framework 4.8. Which C# version is it using? If I recall correctly, up until now its been locked at C# version 5. https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet/csharp/whats-new/csharp-version-history

In order to accurately track interest, I am unable to add any additional votes on your behalf. Please refrain from attempting to add a vote to a feature request multiple times, as this helps to keep the feature request process clear and more efficient for the support and development teams.

Thank you for your understanding.
              Emily C.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_Emily View Post

Hello MicroTrends,

Thank you for your note.

Your vote has already been added per this post:
                It is great news that NinjaTrader is now upgraded to the .Net Framework 4.8. Which C# version is it using? If I recall correctly, up until now its been locked at C# version 5. https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dotnet/csharp/whats-new/csharp-version-history

In order to accurately track interest, I am unable to add any additional votes on your behalf. Please refrain from attempting to add a vote to a feature request multiple times, as this helps to keep the feature request process clear and more efficient for the support and development teams.

Thank you for your understanding.
                refraining sorry i got over excited :-)
                MicroTrends
                NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - micro-trends.co.uk

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by algospoke, Yesterday, 06:40 PM
                2 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post algospoke