Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Create strategy that gets indicator data which is added to a chart through an add-on

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Create strategy that gets indicator data which is added to a chart through an add-on

I'm really hoping for a way to do accomplish this in a NinjaTrader strategy.
    I have a 3rd party addon that you load onto a chart as a template, which then uses the data series (2 of them) to add indicators to the chart and color the bars (red, green, blue) once the chart is loaded.
    I am trying to create a strategy that would be able to read those indicators and bar colors to use as inputs for a trading strategy.
    I can't figure out how I could create a data series within the strategy that then applies the addon NinjaScript to the data, allowing me to access the indicator values.
    I'm able to load the indicator into the strategy and print out the values, but all the values are 0 because the NinjaScript that creates those values doesn't get run. This is the case even if I run the strategy directly from a chart that already has the indicators loaded.
    Is there some possible way to have the addon NinjaScript run within the strategy to add the indicators or other way to accomplish what I'm trying to do??

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    The developer of the addon has not been helpful at all.

Hello n0stress4me,

Welcome to the NinjaTrader forums!

In the 3rd party indicator where the BarBrush is being set, this should also set a plot value that be read as a signal to a hosting strategy or indicator.

Below is a link to an example that demonstrates.

Is this a script that is open source you are able to change the code of?

Have you reached out to the 3rd party to inquire if provisions were developed in the code to set a plot value when the bar color is changing?
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by cmtjoancolmenero, Yesterday, 03:58 PM
    9 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post cmtjoancolmenero  
    Started by DayTradingDEMON, Today, 09:28 AM
    4 responses
    0 likes