Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Wrong Entries Real vs Sim account

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wrong Entries Real vs Sim account

Hi,

I am testing a strategy which following based on trend following longer trend vs shorter trend. I tested the strategy on MNQ and NQ. NQ is using a SIM01 with data feed from Kinetic and MNQ is using NT Brokerage account with Ninja Trader Continuum data fees .

When I test my strategy using SIM01 account it works fine. It enters long positions following long trends.
    When I test my strategy in using NT Brokerage account it enters short entry, when there is a clear long trend and doesn't even calculate the trend properly.

I am wondering if is data issue? Does NT Brokerage account provide real-time data 24 X 7?

I have attached a side by side snapshot and we can clearly see that MNQ is on an uptrend. For some weird reason it is entering into short entries in real-time?

Any suggestion will be greatly appreciate?

Thanks,

Attached Files

Hello bjunaid,

Thanks for the post.

To start I would suggest to make a comparison with the same instrument, the two contracts have separate data which will make for differences between testing using the same logic. You could try comparing the MNQ against the MNQ to try and mitigate some of the differences you are seeing. If you specifically want to compare different instruments you would need to ignore the chart and instead look at how the logic executed to confirm it works as you programmed it.

When I test my strategy in using NT Brokerage account it enters short entry, when there is a clear long trend and doesn't even calculate the trend properly.
    Your logic will be what needs to be reviewed here, if you think it should have been a long entry or different entry order than what you observed you would need to look at the strategy code and find out why it did not make the same observation. You can use Prints to help identify how conditions are working in the script. Checking that your conditions equate correctly will be a first step in finding out why its placing that order and not a different type of order.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thanks, I was able to debug and figure that out.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
      0 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post jaybedreamin  
      Started by DJ888, 04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
      6 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post DJ888