Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Detecting if ZigZag indicator is inside of Ichimoku red cloud or above blue cloud

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Detecting if ZigZag indicator is inside of Ichimoku red cloud or above blue cloud

I'm trying to develop an entry signal for an automated trading strategy, and would like to make one of the conditions that the ZigZag indicator on my chart is currently either inside the red cloud of my Ichimoku cloud, or above the blue cloud. I imagine I can do this by taking the current plot of the two lines of my Ichimoku cloud and seeing which one is higher, then making a conditional statement from there. I'm unsure how to reference the attributes of indicators through NinjaScript however. Is there any documentation that would help me figure this out, or perhaps some sample code?

I figured out how to add the DLL file to the references window in NinjaScript editor, but am unsure how to figure out what variables to call or how to call them within the code itself.

Comment

Hello TheNomadicAspie,

The ZigZag indicator is included with NinjaTrader.

As an example of calling this:
      Print("The high of the zigzag bar is " + High[Math.Max(0, ZigZag(DeviationType.Points, 0.5, false).HighBar(0, 1, 100))]);

Below is a link to the help guide.
      https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...nt8/zigzag.htm

The Ichimoku is not included with NinjaTrader but there is an open source Ichimoku indicator available in the User App Share of the NinjaTrader Ecosystem.
      https://ninjatraderecosystem.com/use...indicator-nt8/

An example of calling this:
      Print(IchimokuCloud(true, false, 9, 26, 52, 40, Brushes.Green, Brushes.Red, 26).ChikouSpan[0]);

The NinjaTrader Ecosystem website is for educational and informational purposes only and should not be considered a solicitation to buy or sell a futures contract or make any other type of investment decision. The add-ons listed on this website are not to be considered a recommendation and it is the reader's responsibility to evaluate any product, service, or company. NinjaTrader Ecosystem LLC is not responsible for the accuracy or content of any product, service or company linked to on this website.
      Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by geddyisodin, Today, 05:20 AM
      3 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
      Started by lorem, Today, 09:18 AM
      1 response
      0 likes