Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Single Indicator with Multiple Plot Lines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Single Indicator with Multiple Plot Lines

Hi,

I'm trying to build a strategy that incorporates the OBVM indicator (which is a user indicator made available in the user app ecosystem). What I've noticed is that most indicators with more than one plot line allow you to select which plot line to use (via the "value plot" selection) when building a strategy. This option to select a "value plot" with the OBVM indicator does not seem to be available. Is there a way to fix or change this so that I can select one line oppose to the other when building a strategy?

Thank you for your help.

Ryan

Hello RideMe,

Thank you for your post.

I'm seeing there was an update to the OBVM indicator in June that added those plots to be accessible in the Strategy Builder. This version may be downloaded from our User App Share here:

If you install this version, are you able to access the plots in the Builder?

Thanks in advance; I look forward to assisting you further.

The NinjaTrader Ecosystem website is for educational and informational purposes only and should not be considered a solicitation to buy or sell a futures contract or make any other type of investment decision. The add-ons listed on this website are not to be considered a recommendation and it is the reader's responsibility to evaluate any product, service, or company. NinjaTrader Ecosystem LLC is not responsible for the accuracy or content of any product, service or company linked to on this website.
    Kate W.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Kate,

This is the version I have installed. It does not allow me to select one of the plots. It simply shows me that there are two plots, but it does not allow me to select one and not the other.

Comment

Hello RideMe,

This is Jim responding on behalf of Kate who is out of the office at this time.

I just downloaded the version that Kate linked and I am able to select both plots in the Strategy Builder. See attached screenshot.

Could you try removing the original indicator you installed by right clicking on the indicator in the NinjaScript Editor and selecting Remove? Please then import the same version from the link Kate provided and test setting up a condition as I have.

If you are still seeing issues being able to select either plot after ensuring you have updated to the latest version of the platform?

could you also confirm if you see this behavior with another indicator like MACD?

Update - https://ninjatrader.com/PlatformDirect

You can check your current version under Help > About from the Control Center.

We look forward to assisting.
        Attached Files
        JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by TraderBCL, Today, 04:38 AM
        2 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post TraderBCL  
        Started by martin70, 03-24-2023, 04:58 AM