Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Vertical Line All Panels in strategy or indicator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vertical Line All Panels in strategy or indicator

Hello

Would it be possible to draw a Vertical Line All Panels drawing tool attached in an strategy or indicator?

I have tried but I have not been able...

Thanks in advance
    Attached Files

Hello Impessa,

Thanks for your post.

This Drawing Tool does not have any NinjaScript overloads implemented so it cannot be drawn from NinjaScript. If you view the Lines Drawing Tool that comes with the platform and scroll to the bottom, you can see how NinjaScript overloads can be implemented in a Drawing Tool.

I also have a Labeled Lines Drawing Tool that implements some NinjaScript overloads if you want to see how those are implemented.

This is an expansion of the the NinjaTrader Lines Drawing Tool(s) that adds text boxes to each line that will show prices associated with the endpoint or where the line crosses the price scale. Vertical lines will show time stamps. Your own messages can be added to each text box. New settings can be set […]

The NinjaTrader Ecosystem website is for educational and informational purposes only and should not be considered a solicitation to buy or sell a futures contract or make any other type of investment decision. The add-ons listed on this website are not to be considered a recommendation and it is the reader's responsibility to evaluate any product, service, or company. NinjaTrader Ecosystem LLC is not responsible for the accuracy or content of any product, service or company linked to on this website.

We look forward to assisting.

JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Impeesa,
      Here you get the tool, it works for me. If you need to invoke it from within a strategy or indicator you need to make the required changes.
      Vertical-Line-All-Panels-Drawing-Tool.zip
      Last edited by s.kinra; 10-30-2020, 10:36 AM.

Comment

Hello, Jim and Kinra

I will try to understand how implement those overloads and changes you suggest.

Thanks a lot

Comment

Hello Impeesa,
          I've made the changes so now you can call it in strategy or indicator. I am keeping it similar to vertical line & you can call it with : Draw.VerticalLineAllPanels(.....), you get the updated version here.
          Vertical-Line-All-Panels-Drawing-Tool.zip

Comment

Hello kinra

I have imported the code you attached and it paints ok as a drawing tool but it does not work in an strategy or indicator

Draw.VerticalLineAllPanels(this, @""+CurrentBar, 1, Brushes.Red);

Nevertheless your code is very helpful to learn how implementing Ninjascript overloads required.

Thanks a lot
            Attached Files

Comment

Hello Impeesa,
              Refer my post # 5, I said I am keeping it same as Vertical Line so you can make required changes. I have shown how to call your tool in indicator. Few things needs to be fixed & I am not testing it as I am not using it as of now.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by The_Sec, Yesterday, 03:37 PM
              1 response
              0 likes
              Last Post NinjaTrader_Gaby  
              Started by vecnopus, Today, 06:15 AM
              0 responses
              1 view
              0 likes