Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Anyone used Open AI GPT-3 to write some ninjatrader strategies?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone used Open AI GPT-3 to write some ninjatrader strategies?

The latest version of Open AI has been trained on the entire codebase of github, I think it wouldnt be too hard to also point it at ninjatrader and have it be able to learn all the functions of ninjascript and maybe even incorporate it into strategy builder. This would really be a game changer because people could just ask in plain english whats the code I need to do x and GPT 3 will just spit it out. All the programming nerds should drop what they are doing and immediately go check this out.

https://openai.com/ its in beta right now. Its already been trained not only on all of github, but all of C, Python, and a few other languages so it knows all the functions. The only thing it doesnt have is the ninjatrader functions, but it could probably add that in pretty fast since it already knows C# which ninjascript is based on.

Comment

I am finding that almost every code has issues with compiling and/or errors if it compiles so far. But when you have NO Idea where to start with Conditions etc can give some ideas

I worked with ChatGBT 2 different days this week for many hours and never completed a successful working indicator. Seems things that have changed over the last few years ChatGBT has not learned yet

Comment

I examined this earlier in the release cycle, using GPT4. The short answer is not really. It might give you some ideas but you would have to complete the program yourself and for simple tasks unless it can find an exact match on Google to report back to you it would probably be faster for you to write it than to identify and correct all of ChatGPT's errors. For complex tasks, it will give you such a convoluted mess you would really be far behind where you would have been if you had just started programming it yourself because you will have to find and correct a huge number of misunderstandings and failures.
        Bruce DeVault
        QuantKey Trading Vendor Services
        NinjaTrader Ecosystem Vendor - QuantKey

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by reynoldsn, Today, 02:34 PM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post reynoldsn  
        Started by nightstalker, Today, 02:05 PM