Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Bug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bug

Found a bug, to reproduce: Open chart, open NinjaScript output, set to "Always on Top" so that it always shows over the chart. Click on chart, use Ctrl-S to open strategy window and close it. NinjaScript Output will not be on top anymore, we need to turn off Always on top and turn it back on again. This is quite annoying.

Hello amaltais,

Thank you for writing in.

After following the steps you provided I was unable to reproduce the behavior you are seeing. In our test, the NinjaScript Output window remains 'Always on top' of the Chart.

Please see the video linked below demonstrating our test to reproduce the behavior and let us know if we missed any steps.

Free online storage and sharing with Screencast.com. 2 GB of storage and 2 GB of bandwidth per month for free. We won't compress, alter or take ownership of your content.

Also, please send us a video demonstrating the behavior on your end so we may further investigate this matter.

Thanks in advance, I look forward to your reply.
    Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Free online storage and sharing with Screencast.com. 2 GB of storage and 2 GB of bandwidth per month for free. We won't compress, alter or take ownership of your content.

I think you might have to download the video to view it. What I'm showing is how NinjaScript Output is not on top anymore when I open Ctrl-s (or even a line properties window for example), and I found out that if I cllick on the window frame or resize the chart window it comes back on top, but if I click back and forth between the chart and the Script Output without touching the window frame both windows go on top of each other.

Comment

Hello amaltais,

Thank you for that information.

Please test to see if you are able to reproduce the behavior in a clean environment and report back with your results.

Creating a clean environment can be done by following the steps below:
        1. Close NinjaTrader 8, and rename the "NinjaTrader 8" folder in My Documents to something like: "NinjaTrader 8 OLD"
        2. Uninstall NinjaTrader from the Windows Control Panel and reinstall using the installer from http://ninjatrader.com/PlatformDirect
        3. Add the required indicators and test the template.
        If you ever need to switch back to your original platform, you may do so by closing NinjaTrader and swapping the platform folder names.
        For example, Close NinjaTrader and rename the new "NinjaTrader 8" folder to "NinjaTrader 8 NEW" and the "NinjaTrader 8 OLD" folder to "NinjaTrader 8." Then restart the platform. Simply put: NinjaTrader 8 will always load the "NinjaTrader 8" folder in My Documents.

Thanks in advance, I look forward to your reply.
        Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by rocketman7, Today, 02:12 AM
        5 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post rocketman7  
        Started by trilliantrader, 04-18-2024, 08:16 AM
        7 responses
        0 likes