Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

managed orders questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

managed orders questions

Hello Ninja,

I'm trying to implement a generalized strategy in NT8 that will provide ATM features to that of NT7

(the reason I'm not using NT8 ATM is that I have additional exit conditions....(but since I'm coming from NT7 perhaps I don't know the full capabilities of NT8 ATM...)

What I am trying to do is this:

Place an order with up to three legs

Here is an example (for scalping)

Order 3 contracts Long, one contract each leg

Trail Stop 10 ticks

Initial Stop Loss 10 ticks

Break Even Trigger 5 ticks

Break Even Move Entry + 1 tick

First Profit Target 5 ticks

Second Profit 8 ticks

Final Exit: Break Even Set OR Initial Stop Loss OR Trail Stop

================================================== ==================================================

Can you please advise how to do this with managed orders?

There are internal managed orders OCOs created, and sometimes I'm getting errors because the managed order system is getting confused and throws up an OCO dialog box error (that an OCO can't be reused)

By the way, I have RealtimeErrorHandling = RealtimeErrorHandling.IgnoreAllErrors; but still get pop up alerts.....how to stop the pop ups?

What I'm doing is using SetStopLoss to also provide the Break Even and Trailing Stops (for each leg), and I keep moving it (the SetStopLoss) to simulate a Trailing Stop....and that seems to be a problem.

Perhaps I should set BOTH an initial SetStopLoss AND a SetTrailingStop?

And, how do I place the BreakEven order? Is that a NEW SetStopLoss? (what I'm doing is moving the original)

So, well as you can imagine what I've done works sometimes, but it also generates various pop up errors, which I can't have when the strategy runs unattended.

Please advise me how to make this correct....

thanks

Hello vantojo,

It looks like this is a duplicate of an email you had sent into our support. This was already replied to through email so please check your email.

Please ensure to not make duplicate support inquiries, if you don't hear back from an inquiry you send through email please try to send an email asking about that instead of duplicating the question in another area. It looks like we got your email at 08:38 AM and replied back at 08:58 AM.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by RubenCazorla, Today, 09:07 AM
    0 responses
    1 view
    0 likes
    Last Post RubenCazorla  
    Started by BarzTrading, Today, 07:25 AM
    2 responses