Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Reset Strategy Position after Exit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reset Strategy Position after Exit

Hello!
    Is there a possibility to reset strategy position after exit order filled?
    I have the issue, that when my exit order filled particullary I see that my Account Position is flat, but Strategy Position in Strategy Tab shows that I'm still in trade. So why I want to reset the Strategy poisition when my Account Position comes Flat. Is it possible?
    Also, when this issue comes - Account Position is flat, and I see Strategy Position is still opened - on Chart Trader - there are no Positions at all, and on Filled Orders on the chart I see that Entry and Exit Order quantities are the same! It's very strange.
    How to resolve it?

Hello YevhenShynkarenko, thanks for writing in.

How is the account position going flat without the strategy knowing of this? If you are manually closing your position, this would cause the resting orders of the strategy to get canceled, and the strategy will disable. There is no way for the strategy to know that its out of sync unless you check the PositionAccount vs the Position object and take action in the strategy if either of those do not match. The best way to solve this would be to avoid the issue altogether. Were you able to tell the reason why your strategy position and account position are getting out of sync?

I look forward to hearing from you.
    Chris L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_ChrisL View Post
      Hello YevhenShynkarenko, thanks for writing in.

How is the account position going flat without the strategy knowing of this? If you are manually closing your position, this would cause the resting orders of the strategy to get canceled, and the strategy will disable. There is no way for the strategy to know that its out of sync unless you check the PositionAccount vs the Position object and take action in the strategy if either of those do not match. The best way to solve this would be to avoid the issue altogether. Were you able to tell the reason why your strategy position and account position are getting out of sync?

I look forward to hearing from you.
      Did I told something about manually close????
      I talking only about STRATEGY.

I dont know HOW its going, so why I write here! I create the second topic with issue, because I dont see any usefull answers from support.

Using only strategy. One entry - one exit. Account Position goes flat. Strategy Position - still have part filled orders! Chart Trader - shows NO POSITION. In Log - no errors!

WHAT TO DO?
      Attached Files

Comment

Hello YevhenShynkarenko,

Binance is not a natively supported connection. How the position is getting reported will be dependent on how the connection adapter handles the position reporting. Since the Binance connection adapter is not one we have made, we would not be able to assist with any issues related to orders submissions/position reporting/NinjaScript strategies when submitting orders through this connection adapter.

You may test with the Sim101 account where orders executions and positions are simulated within NinjaTrader, but if there are any differences in behavior seen when trading though Binance, those matters should be presented to Binance so they can comment. We can't be sure if their connection adapter fully supports NinjaScript strategies, and we could not comment on any position reporting issues with their connection adapter.

Please let us know if you have any questions.
        JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by PaulMohn, Today, 03:49 AM
        0 responses
        0 likes
        Last Post PaulMohn  
        Started by inanazsocial, Today, 01:15 AM
        1 response
        0 likes