Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Automated strategy - Trade /MES off /ES chart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Automated strategy - Trade /MES off /ES chart

My automated strategy will use the /ES chart to find trades but I want to trade /MES contracts.
    I know how to do this with the Chart Trader but cant seem to find a way to do it when using a automated strategy.
    How do I go about this?
    I am currently using the Strategy Builder for this strategy.

Thanks!

Hello Ousher,

Thanks for your post.

Using the Strategy Builder, you would need to apply the strategy to a chart of MES as the strategy builder can only submit orders to the chart instruments' primary bars. In the strategy, you would need to add the ES under the "Additional data" window.

In the conditions builder you would need to use the added data series either directly in price or through an indicator. In either case, you would have to access the added data series.

I've created a short video that shows how to add and use the ES 12-20 when your chart would be MES 12-20: https://Paul-ninjaTrader.tinytake.co...Ml8xNTQxMzIwMw
    Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by NinjaTrader_PaulH View Post
      Hello Ousher,

Thanks for your post.

Using the Strategy Builder, you would need to apply the strategy to a chart of MES as the strategy builder can only submit orders to the chart instruments' primary bars. In the strategy, you would need to add the ES under the "Additional data" window.

In the conditions builder you would need to use the added data series either directly in price or through an indicator. In either case, you would have to access the added data series.

I've created a short video that shows how to add and use the ES 12-20 when your chart would be MES 12-20: https://Paul-ninjaTrader.tinytake.co...Ml8xNTQxMzIwMw
      Thank you Paul, i got it

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by Mestor, 03-10-2023, 01:50 AM
      16 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post z.franck  
      Started by rtwave, 04-12-2024, 09:30 AM
      4 responses
      0 likes