Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Break Even

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Break Even

Hi all,

I'm been struggling to add a break even to my strategy. I would appreciate any kind of guidance. I've attached my strategy. Also please share recommendations, my strategy is a little buggy.

Thank you
    Attached Files

Hello

You can find some working examples of break even and manipulating targets in the following links:

I look forward to being of further assistance.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Thank you Jesse. The links are very helpful but I still need assistance in incorporating the break even into my strategy. Any suggestions of how to go about this?

Comment

Hello Titli,

What part in your strategy are you having difficulty with? The link i provided has a full example which could be a starting point if you wanted to do a break even. That is what would be needed if you are trying to make a break even.

Please let me know if i may be of additional assistance.

Comment

Jesse I tried adding the breakevenstrategy(links) into my strategy and it didn't go off. Would I need to connect the breakeven to my indicator signal as well? Would this interfere with the trailing stop? I don't know if I'm overthinking it. What would be the simplest way going about this?

Comment

Hello Titli,

If you are trying to bring over the logic from those samples you would need to review the sample and take away the concepts its showing. The other way to approach this would be to start with the sample and then modify it as needed. For example if you have an indicator signal as your entry signal, you could modify the sample to use that instead of the generic condition it uses to enter.

The most simple way would be to start with one of the samples that already does the part you want (break even) and then add to that. You could make a copy of the sample by doing a Right click ->Save as if you wanted to retain the sample and use it as a starting point.

The break even requires some logic to be able to do so that part of the code is going to be more complex than any of the entry conditions or other parts of the script.

I look forward to being of further assistance.

Comment

Thank you so much. Your information is very helpful.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
              Started by alifarahani, Today, 09:40 AM
              4 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post alifarahani  
              Started by gentlebenthebear, Today, 01:30 AM
              3 responses
              0 likes
              Last Post NinjaTrader_Jesse