Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Having errors instantiating OrderFlowCumulativeDelta

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Having errors instantiating OrderFlowCumulativeDelta

I want to include the CumulativeDelta in a strategy. I've attached a script, though on my end, I'm getting the error on line 65

"Non-invocable member 'OrderFlowCumulativeDelta' cannot be used like a method."

Using the new keyword seems to compile (as with the commented out lines 67 through 72 in the attached script), but the constructor has no arguments, and I can't query the object for data when the strategy is applied, and there is no graph displayed in the panel 2 when the strategy runs.....

What am I doing wrong here? Is there a specific namespace that is needed or something?

Attached Files

I went to the definition for the OrderFlowCumulativeDelta class in VisualStudio, and there are no implementations, like it's just an interface. I'm working inside of the NinjaTrader.Custom solution. Is there a particular library that I need to download when working with these order flow indicators?

I can add the indicator through the right-click menu on charts just fine.

Comment

Hello _bxdf_,

The new keyword should not be used when calling indicators.

Below is a link to the help guide with sample code. See the section 'Calling the OrderFlowCumulativeDelta() method by reference'.

With VisualStudio this might not be able to get the method signature from the core of NinjaTrader.

This is available in the NinjaScript Editor Intelliprompt.

Attached Files
      Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Ok, I can confirm that this works from within the ninjascript editor but not from within visual studio 2019.

Visual studio throws the error "Non-invocable Member 'OrderflowCumulativeDelta' cannot be used like a method" on the instantiation line.

I'm guessing this is somehow because of needing to keep the codebase for the orderflow+ stuff proprietary?

Is there a .dll or something I can add to Visual Studio to get it compiling in there?

Thanks

Comment

Hello _bxdf_,

Jesse has a post letting us know that including the NinjaTrader.Vendor.cs in the project will temporarily include this intellisense for Visual Studio, but will be removed on every project change internal to NinjaTrader.
          https://ninjatrader.com/support/foru...04#post1112004
          Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
          Started by Brevo, Today, 01:45 AM
          0 responses
          0 likes
          Last Post Brevo
          by Brevo

Started by aussugardefender, Today, 01:07 AM