Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Maximum Number of Optimization Variables

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Maximum Number of Optimization Variables

Hi! I am trying to optimize a strategy with NT8 and it says I have too many variables. It would be nice if the error said what the maximum was (hint, hint), but regardless, I can't find anything in help or online that specifies what that value is. Before I neuter my strategy to perform the optimization, I figured I would ask. Thx!

Hello moflaherty,

The internal limit of calculated optimization iterations is long.MaxValue or 9,223,372,036,854,775,807. This is rarely encountered, but we are happy to answer when this does get hit.

I would suggest reducing the steps of the properties you are trying to optimize so less optimization iterations are used.

If you are hitting a different error, I would like to see a test strategy and template that recreates this behavior. You could export a strategy that has the OnBarUpdate code removed so we are just looking at the parameters and you can also create and share a template so we can quickly reproduce on our end.

Exporting as source code - https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...tAsSourceFiles

A template can be saved by clicking the template button in the Strategy Analyzer, and the template will be saved in the Documents\NinjaTrader 8\templates
    \YOUR STRATEGY\

You may share those files here, and I will be happy to give it a second look.
    JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by gravdigaz6, Today, 11:40 PM
    1 response
    0 likes
    Last Post NinjaTrader_Manfred  
    Started by MarianApalaghiei, Today, 10:49 PM
    3 responses
    0 likes