Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

ATM - Reverse on stop, enter same direction on TP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ATM - Reverse on stop, enter same direction on TP

Hi everyone,

How to make an ATM with following 2 conditions in easiest way (probably strategy builder)

- Open a new order in the same direction when TP executed -or touched-
    - Open reverse position when SL executed

I hope that ATM puts SL and TP after reverse, not just for first manual entry

It will same with stop and reverse loop with one difference, that is the first condition above

Surely explaining will easy for you experienced NT users. Sorry for my bad English. Hopefully I will find my need. Thank you...

Hello Bugra_ntacc,

Welcome to the NinjaTrader forums!

As a heads up, ATM (Advanced Trade Management) templates are for manually placed entry orders and are different than stops and targets from a NinjaScript Strategy.

Using Atm templates from a NinjaScript Strategy requires using advanced Atm Strategy methods.

With an Atm template, the Auto reverse can be used.

With NinjaScript, instead of placing an exit order or stop loss, to reverse you can place an entry order in the opposite direction at the desired price level. NinjaTrader will automatically reverse the position when the entry fills.

Below I am providing a link to a forum post with helpful information about getting started with NinjaScript.
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Chelsea. Thanks you for reply. My main question was after ATM's reverse, will also following order(s) has stoploss? And also will it reverse on stop?

Other one, like auto reverse, how can I put new order in the same direction on each TP execution? What I must put step 1 and step 2 on strategy builder.

Sorry, I can't realised it clearly. If you can show it by a screenshot, you will honored me.

Thank you...

Comment

Hello Bugra_ntacc,

With an Atm Template Auto Reverse, yes, stops and targets will be submitted on reverse.

Atm Strategy templates cannot be used in the Strategy Builder.

Comment

Dear Chelsea, thanks for stay on contact and being helpful. I will explain my desired conditions as follow, and asking what I must put on step 1, step 2 etc on condition and actions board of strategy builder

- Enterlong by long TP
          -Entershort by long SL
          -----------------
          -Entershort by short TP
          -Enterlong by short SL

I will start strategy manually and also close too. So, first order will be entered by hand.

Comment

Hello Bugra_ntacc,

Strategies made with the Strategy Builder will not be able to see orders made manually.

If you want to incorporate Atm templates and allow for manual entries, this would require advanced code that cannot be accomplished with the Strategy Builder which is limited to very simple strategies. It would be necessary to unlock the script and code by hand.

In the Strategy Builder, you can Enter with a limit order or Enter with a stop market order by selecting this as the order type in the 'Do the following' section of the Conditions and Actions.
            In the forum post I have linked from post #2, be sure you have watched the Strategy Builder 301 training video.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
            Started by zstheorist, Today, 07:52 PM
            0 responses
            0 likes
            Last Post zstheorist  
            Started by pmachiraju, 11-01-2023, 04:46 AM
            8 responses
            0 likes