Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Strategy Disabling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strategy Disabling

I am trying to run a strategy I've written, but it keeps disabling itself. Everything works as expected for a few minutes, then it suddenly disables. There are no rejected orders or error messages in the logs, it just shows the strategy being disabled. I've tried using try/catch and print statements, but I am not finding any errors. Is there something else that could cause the strategy to disable without warning?

Hi SystemTrading,
    Did you already check your log files for lost connections (datafeed/broker)?
    NT-Roland

Comment

Hello SystemTrading,

Thank you for your post.

Is this occurring on a Sim account on live data, in the Strategy Analyzer, when running the strategy on Market Replay data in the Playback connection, or on a live account?

I'd like to take a look at your log and trace files to see what occurs before the disabling. Please send me your log and trace files directly from the platform rather than posting them here, since they may contain personally identifiable information, so that I may look into what occurred.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support

Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default.

Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: 2912413 ATTN Kate W. and include a link to this post in the body of the email.

Thanks in advance; I look forward to assisting you further.
      Kate W.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

I have sent the logs. I am using a Sim account with real-time data at the moment. Thank you for having a look.

Comment

Did this get resolved? I am getting strategy disables too with no messages in the log/trace that occur on SIM. Regards

Comment

Hello elliot5,

Thank you for your post.

In the above situation the issue was occurring on a client's pc, and we were unable to replicate on our end.

For your situation, we should start with your log and trace files. Please do not post these on the forums as they may contain personal information, but directly to us from the platform instead.

You can do this by going to the Control Center-> Help-> Email Support

Ensuring 'Log and Trace Files' is checked will include these files. This is checked by default.

Please reference the following ticket number in the body of the email: 2912413 ATTN Kate W. and include a link to this post in the body of the email.

Thanks in advance; I look forward to assisting you further.
            Kate W.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Originally posted by elliot5 View Post
              Did this get resolved? I am getting strategy disables too with no messages in the log/trace that occur on SIM. Regards
              I know I got it resolved, but I don't recall how. I may be able to assist if you can share some code.

Comment

I have experienced the same problem today - am working with Kate on this right now. It is strange because it only happens in certain contracts and setup types. What is really strange is that it disables without an error message as soon as a trade fires. There are three live accounts involved, one of which disables before sending orders, while the other two work perfectly - FROM THE SAME CODE....
                Last edited by elliot5; 09-22-2021, 05:29 AM.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                Started by bortz, 11-06-2023, 08:04 AM
                47 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post aligator  
                Started by jaybedreamin, Today, 05:56 PM
                0 responses
                0 likes
                Last Post jaybedreamin