Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Error "All Data Must be Loaded"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error "All Data Must be Loaded"

I have several working strategies loaded which use the Cumulative Delta.

I have another strategy which does not use Cumulative Delta. When I try to enable this strategy I get an error message in the log...

Before I had any strategies using the Cumulative Delta the strategy getting the error message worked fine.
    1/14/2021 4:15:42 PM Default 'Order Flow Cumulative Delta' tried to load additional data. All data must first be loaded by the hosting NinjaScript in its configure state. Attempted to load NQ 03-21 Globex: 1 Tick

Then it will be the another strategy got problem.

To test this one, you can try to open another strategy which does not use Cumulative Delta.
    Last edited by cincai; 01-15-2021, 01:09 AM.

Comment

Hello sdauteuil,

Thanks for your post.

The error is selling us a single tick data series was expected to be added. I suggest adding a single tick data series to your scripts that are adding Order Flow Cumulative Delta.

Example code that shows how this indicator can be hosted can be found below.

We look forward to assisting.
      JimNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

All the strategies work individually and all the strategies with cumulative delta have the secondary tick series.

Only the strategy that will not enable does not use the cumulative delta and it does not have a secondary tick series.

If I have 5 chart tabs with strategies enabled that have cumulative delta in them they work fine. If I close all those tabs and open only one with the strategy that doesn't have cumulative delta that will work fine.

It is only when I attempt to run both the strategies with and without cumulative delta that I get the error message when trying to enable the strategy without cumulative delta.

Comment

Hello sdauteuil,

If I have 5 chart tabs with strategies enabled that have cumulative delta in them they work fine. If I close all those tabs and open only one with the strategy that doesn't have cumulative delta that will work fine.

It is only when I attempt to run both the strategies with and without cumulative delta that I get the error message when trying to enable the strategy without cumulative delta.
          Do you mean that you are getting an error saying OrderFlowCumulativeDelta needs an additional data series when you enable a strategy that does not add OrderFlowCumulativeDelta?

Have you double checked this code to ensure OrderFlowCumulativeDelta is not added to the strategy, or to an indicator that is added by the strategy?

Have you also confirmed by setting this up in a blank workspace with other charts closed as a sanity check for your test?

If you have confirmed the above and also have made sure you are on the latest version of the platform, please provide barebones reduced examples to demonstrate this behavior so we can test on our end and reproduce the behavior you describe in the quote bubble.

Please make copies of your strategies and remove any of your trading logic so we are left with small test scripts that only reproduce this behavior, and please provide steps to take to reproduce the behavior with the test scripts.

Exporting as source code - https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...tAsSourceFiles

Comment

Do you mean that you are getting an error saying OrderFlowCumulativeDelta needs an additional data series when you enable a strategy that does not add OrderFlowCumulativeDelta?

That is correct.

I will double check everything before I send it over.

What I did try before posting was creating a new workspace with just one chart with the strategy that was not enabling... I was still getting the error message

However the strategies with cumulative delta were still listed in the control panel window even though there was no corresponding chart tab for them.

I may have to delete the entire original workspace and start from scratch.

When you change workspaces should that change the strategies listed in the strategy control center. In other words should it remove the strategies from previous workspace?

Basically if I have workspace1 with 3 charts / strategies open and I switch to workspace2 that has 3 entirely different charts and strategies it seems that the 3 charts will change but all of the strategies remain in the control center. There would be 6 strategies in the control center with only 3 chart tabs.

sorry if I am not explaining this clearly.

Comment

Hello sdauteuil,

If you switch workspaces, the strategies will still be present in the Strategies tab. If you close workspaces, they will be removed from the Strategies tab. If you open a workspace that is not currently open and there are strategies configured in that workspace, those strategies will be added to the Strategies tab.

Please close all of your workspaces and test enabling the strategy in question, and then confirm that that strategy is not adding OFCD and that it is not adding an indicator that adds OFCD.

From here, if you have steps to reproduce an issue following some steps with a reduced test script, please share that detail here.

Comment

Hi Jim, this is really close to answering a question I have but I want to make sure. I want to TEST 3 strategies in live sim on the same instrument (say NQ), different accounts. Say I set up 3 workspaces, one NQ chart for each one and put Strategy A in NQ in workspace 1 (account 1), put Strategy B on NQ in workspace 2 (account 2), and the same for the 3d. Are you saying I can switch back and forth between the workspaces without affecting the strategies? You say if I close one, the strats will be removed, which is understandable. I think my misunderstanding is how I'm seeing the workspaces in the workspace tab on the control center. The one that is active (that I see in front of me) is highlighted GREEN, the others grey. Are the grey workspaces still open? I see an option to close when I hover over them, but nothing to open. Is the one highlighted in GREEN the only open one? Or are they all open, but not actively in view? I hope you understand my question. If not I'll try to explain again. Thanks....

Comment

Hello JoeF1953,

Green means open and in view and Gray means open and not in view. You can switch between viewing workspaces and the strategies will stay enabled, but if you close a workspace that contains a strategy, that strategy will disable and will be removed from the Control Center.

Further detail on workspaces can be found below.

Workspaces documentation - https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...paces_menu.htm

Let us know if there is anything else we can do to help.

Comment

Perfect..... thanks Jim.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by gm7_forum, Today, 05:51 PM
                    0 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post gm7_forum  
                    Started by cre8able, Today, 03:20 PM