Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Some strategies don't enable?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some strategies don't enable?

Click image for larger version

Name:	Strategies not working.png
Views:	222
Size:	174.5 KB
ID:	1137331 I have a strategy I would like to test on multiple instruments. I have set it up but some are GREEN, some are YELLOW and some are no color at all. I guess these are not active at all in some way? As you can see, instruments are up to date as is my version of Ninjatrader 7. Can anyone explain this to me? Thanks!

Dolfan

Hello Dolfan,

Thank you for your post.

A Green highlighted "Strategy" cell indicates a currently running strategy.

A Yellow highlighted "Strategy" cell indicates the strategy is waiting until it reaches a flat position to be in sync with the account position before fully starting. (Please see the options Strategies Tab section for configuration options)

A White highlighted "Strategy" cell indicates a disabled strategy, but can also be seen after enabling but before the strategy has completed calculating over historical data. Did the strategies in white eventually finish calculating and change to green or yellow? If not, are any errors seen regarding the strategies in the Log tab of the Control Center? If so, what is the full text of the error(s)?

Thanks in advance; I look forward to assisting you further.
    Kate W.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

The strategies did eventually become active. When the "Start Behavior" is set for "Wait Until Flat", does this mean that the account must be flat or just the position for the instrument?

Dolfan

Comment

Hello Dolfan,

Thank you for your reply.

When Wait Until Flat is selected, this means that once the strategy has finished processing the historical data and has transitioned to real-time, it will wait until there is a real-time order submission that will cause the strategy to become flat. This also includes changing from a long position to a short position or vice versa as the position would pass through flat. It does not take into consideration the position of your account itself, and assumes the account to be in a flat position.

Please let us know if we may be of further assistance to you.
        Kate W.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:53 AM
        0 responses
        1 view
        0 likes
        Last Post CortexZenUSA  
        Started by CortexZenUSA, Today, 12:46 AM
        0 responses