Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Simple pointers to "virtual" stop-loss and profit-targets during each trade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Simple pointers to "virtual" stop-loss and profit-targets during each trade

Except for a "failsafe" hard-stoploss, I'm experimenting with using "virtual" SL and PT. Since I use OnEachTick processing in my strategy, I keep track of exactly how many ticks above or beneath the entryPrice we are. I just call it the TickRunningSum: if positive, we are x-ticks in profit, if negative, we are losing that many ticks at the moment. Parameters specify desired stop loss ticks and profit target ticks.

This has pros and cons, one con being that the SL & PT are no longer visually displayed during each trade. Has anyone coded simple draw objects to visually show the current SL & PT...perhaps with small triangles, or even simpler: "SL------->" and "PT-------->". My stops could get adjusted several times during a trade, and even the PT could be bumped up with runner contracts continuing after the initial contracts hit the original PT, so I'd have to do some "erasing" and "redrawing"....probably no big deal.

Any ideas on some simple ways t do this? Thanks, -Bill-

Hello Bill, thanks for your post.

The Advance Risk Reward indicator would be a good reference:
    https://ninjatraderecosystem.com/use...ard-indicator/

If you want to mark where the stop and target will be for the strategy, you would need to use any one of the default drawing tools in the platform by using the Draw class:

https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...8/?drawing.htm

Please let me know if I can assist any further.

The NinjaTrader Ecosystem website is for educational and informational purposes only and should not be considered a solicitation to buy or sell a futures contract or make any other type of investment decision. The add-ons listed on this website are not to be considered a recommendation and it is the reader's responsibility to evaluate any product, service, or company. NinjaTrader Ecosystem LLC is not responsible for the accuracy or content of any product, service or company linked to on this website.
    Chris L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by rdtdale, Today, 01:02 PM
    1 response
    0 likes
    Last Post NinjaTrader_LuisH  
    Started by alifarahani, Today, 09:40 AM
    3 responses
    0 likes