Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sync issues

hello,

I run a number of strategies (around 10) in parallel using mainly separate virtual and IB accounts and a mix of Kinetick and Interactive Brokers connections. At some point I notice that in some accounts the "Sync is FALSE. I "SYNC ALL STRATEGIES" and some times works but on many occasions not. Under "TOOLS" there is the option "Global simulation mode" which I know that in order to run live strategies this needs to be unselected. Do you think this has something to do with that?

thanks

Hello space_trader,

Thank you for the post.

The Sync column in the control center would not specifically have to do with the Global Simulation Mode checkbox however it does relate to the live account. Sync true means the strategies virtual position matches the accounts real position. https://ninjatrader.com/support/help...eStrategiesTab

A situation where you would see that go false would be if you run two strategies on the same instrument. If you are flat and strategy A enters a Long order, Strategy B would not know that to enter into the same position. It would then report as Flat although the account is 1 long. That is where you see sync false on strategy B because it no longer knows the actual position in contrast to what its logic has done.

In some use cases you will see false, the situation I described above would be one of those cases. If two strategies are being run at once on the same instrument and that was the intended goal/they have correctly been programmed to do that then you can ignore the sync column it will just report false after they start trading.

I look forward to being of further assistance.
    JesseNinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by dr0832, Today, 07:02 PM
    0 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post dr0832
    by dr0832

Started by mlurskint8, Today, 05:27 PM
    3 responses