Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Only execution at the Value Area High or Value Area Low?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Only execution at the Value Area High or Value Area Low?

Hi everyone,
    I think it's not so tricky but how can I tell my strategy in the strategy builder to execute only at the Value Area Low or Value Area High (Volume Profile) at the actual Session?

Thank you very much and have a wonderful day,
    Andi

Sorry, the NinjaTrader Homepage had some errors so I posted it twice, Moderator, you can delete the other thread, thank you!
    (https://ninjatrader.com/support/foru...value-area-low)

Comment

Hello andi5385,

Thanks for your post and clarification on your other topic (removed).

You would not be able to use the Order Flow Volume Profile indicator with the Strategy Builder (or a Ninjascript strategy) as the code and its lines have not been exposed for use in a strategy.

Paul H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Paul,

yes, I know and many people are waiting for the OrderFlow Access in the Strategy Builder.

Is there no possibility to say for example, „only trade in the highest / lowest 20 Ticks or 30% range at the actual session?

Thank you very much,
        Andi
        Last edited by andi5385; 01-29-2021, 02:27 PM.

Comment

Hello andi5385,

Thanks for your reply.

You would need some way to identify "highest / losest 20 Ticks or 30% range at the actual session" to the Strategy Builder.

Comment

Hello Paul,
            yes, that's why I'm here to ask somebody how to do this in the Strategy Builder.
            Thank you,
            Andi

Comment

Hello andi5385,

Thanks for your reply.

Looking through the NT user apps section of the NinjaTrader ecosystem, you may want to test with the indicator "CalculateValueArea". Tthese indicators are provided as is, I do note that it provides plots that can be used in the Strategy Builder, specifically VAT and VAB which I assume are ValueAreaTop and ValueAreaBottom, of the prior day.

This indicator is publicly available on our NinjaTrader Ecosystem website:
              Here is a basic guideline of how to import NinjaScript add-ons in NinjaTrader 8:

Note — To import NinjaScripts you will need the original .zip file.

To Import:
              1. Download the NinjaScripts to your desktop, keep them in the compressed .zip file.
              2. From the Control Center window select the menu Tools > Import > NinjaScript Add-on...
              3. Select the downloaded .zip file
              4. NinjaTrader will then confirm if the import has been successful.

Critical - Specifically for some NinjaScripts, it will prompt that you are running newer versions of @SMA, @EMA, etc. and ask if you want to replace, press 'No'

Once installed, you may add the indicator to a chart by:
              • Right-click your chart > Indicators... > Select the Indicator from the 'Available' list on the left > Add > OK

Here is a short video demonstration of the import process:
              The NinjaTrader Ecosystem website is for educational and informational purposes only and should not be considered a solicitation to buy or sell a futures contract or make any other type of investment decision. The add-ons listed on this website are not to be considered a recommendation and it is the reader's responsibility to evaluate any product, service, or company. NinjaTrader Ecosystem LLC is not responsible for the accuracy or content of any product, service or company linked to on this website.

Comment

Hello Paul,
                thank you very much for your help, I also found this indicator and will try to implement it.
                Plots of another indicators could be helpful, too.

Have a nice day,
                Andi

Comment

Another option, you can use volumetric bars to calculate your own Volume Profile. Volumetric bar data is accessible from NinjaScript and has all the methods you need to get bar total volume, volume at each price level, max volume price (POC), etc. Simply set your volumetric bars to the desired time frame. If you want daily profile, use Daily Volumetric bars. The calculation is available from many source but consistent of starting at POC and working your out 2 price levels above and below, comparing 2 levels above and 2 levels below to take the one with higher volume. Keep working out until you've reached 68% of the volume (or whatever value area percentage you choose).

Comment

Sorry CyberNate for the late answer, but I'm not so familiar with the NinjaScript...I really hope to get options in the future with the strategy builder...thank you.

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
                    Started by cmtjoancolmenero, Yesterday, 03:58 PM
                    6 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post NinjaTrader_ChelseaB  
                    Started by gbourque, Today, 06:39 AM
                    2 responses
                    0 likes
                    Last Post gbourque