Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Getting Strategy Analyzer Message Value of property invalid.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Getting Strategy Analyzer Message Value of property invalid.

Hi,

I could be missing the something obvious here.

I'm trying to run an optimizer run of strategy analyzer and getting an error message indicating the value specified is incorrect.

See the attached with the error message and above the offending parameter "Length: which the analyzer thinks it's 1 and saying it must be 10 or above.

You can see in the screen shot above the message box that "Length" is 10?

thank you,

glen

Hello demarcog,

Thank you for your post.

It looks like the screenshot you're referring to didn't get attached to your initial post - can you try reattaching it to your reply?

Thanks in advance; I look forward to assisting you further.
    Kate W.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

The message seemed incorrect but I did go into the strategy and initialized it to a value of 10 with 1 as the minimum. The init and default boxed are on top of one another so I put 10 as the min and 1 ass the default. That was my error, the Strategy Did the best it could with garbage input.

thank you

Comment

Kate,

Sorry about that I did realize after I posted that I forgot to attach it. I

I recall I did attach it to my next post but apparently neglected to Post Reply, my apologies.

I definitely caused the error message as I defined a input Length as an int and the minimum value was 10 and default uninitialized value of 1, backwards from what I intended.

I had it reversed the minimum value should have been 1 and default value of 10. and then I changed it to the intended values it worked. it to what I intender.

I really have to say I've been a technical IT person for 30 years working for the "best" firms on Wall Street. whatever that means, but Goldman, Merrill, Citibank, etc.

Did a variety of things including managing teams of developers writing some complex systems mostly trading related.

I have to tell you NT in general has blown me away in terms of design, functionality, stability, features, performance, and the best support team probably in the world, or at least my view of the world.

Then capabilities, and features like the Strategy Builder are truly amazing and I've never seen anything comparable. It's one heck of an accomplishment to have a intuitive and simple to use interface that generates rock solid C# code that out of the box is capable of of running fully automated trading system. Incredible.

The ability of the Strategy Analyzer when using the AI feature of generating the actual code for the best performing strategy is beyond comprehension. NT clearly has some of the best, if not the absolute best development team on the planet!

I hope realize how incredible this product and the people behind every aspect of the product.

glen

ps I mean this as a complement and not to be taken in a negative way as I was thinking as writing this. I understand resources are limited and there are always priorities. But one would think to have the strategy analyzer produce accurate back test for all bar types, renko, Unirenko etc would be child's play for these world class group of developers!

Attached Files

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
        Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:10 AM
        0 responses
        1 view
        0 likes
        Last Post Waxavi
        by Waxavi

Started by TradeForge, Today, 02:09 AM