Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Holidays algorithm

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Holidays algorithm

Hi guys! I want to write an algorithm that will manage the strategy during the holidays. I need to somehow get in a variable the hours and minutes of early closing and late opening. In order to then use this variable to close all orders and set a ban on opening deals 1 hour before stopping trading on a holiday. I have studied the reference manual (TradingHours.Holidays, TradingHours.PartialHolidays), but I cannot implement the algorithm. Tell me how to make this algorithm correctly. I would be grateful for the sample code. Thank.
    Last edited by Kostiantyn; 02-14-2021, 11:10 AM.

Hello Kostiantyn,

The TradingHours.Holidays and TradingHours.PartialHolidays would be correct.
    These provide a collection of dates of holidays.

You can check if the date of bar has the same date to know that the date of the bar is on a holiday by looping through the collection and comparing the date with the Time[0].Date.

A SessionIterator can be used if you want to know the time that session will end for that day, once you have determined the bar date is equal to the holiday date.

Use .AddHours(-1) to subtract an hour from a datetime or timespan.
    Returns a new DateTime that adds the specified number of hours to the value of this instance.

Unfortunately, in the support department at NinjaTrader it is against our policy to create, debug, or modify, code or logic for our clients. Further, we do not provide C# programming education services or one on one educational support over the phone in our NinjaScript Support department. This is so that we can maintain a high level of service for all of our clients as well as our associates.

That said, we are happy to answer any questions you may have about NinjaScript if you decide to code this yourself. We are also happy to assist with finding resources in our help guide as well as simple examples, and we are happy to assist with guiding you through the debugging process to assist you with understanding unexpected behavior.

This thread will remain open for any community members that would like to write this script as a convenience for you.

You can also contact a professional NinjaScript Consultant who would be eager to create or modify this script at your request or assist you with your script. The NinjaTrader Ecosystem has affiliate contacts who provide educational as well as consulting services. Please let me know if you would like our NinjaTrader Ecosystem team follow up with you with a list of affiliate consultants who would be happy to create this script or any others at your request or provide one on one educational services.
    Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by algospoke, Yesterday, 06:40 PM
    2 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post algospoke  
    Started by ghoul, Today, 06:02 PM
    3 responses
    0 likes