Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Scale in to an existing position.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Scale in to an existing position.

Already have a strategy that I started and I'm trying to figured out how to add another lot to an existing position (scaling in) after every -5 points with the strategy builder.

Example
    Market goes against my position (-5 points) I enter another lot, then I enter another lot and so on.

See attached photo, not sure if I have it correctly because I cant get it to work.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks

Hello Johndc,

Be sure that EntriesPerDirection and/or EntryHandling is set properly to allow multiple entries in a direction.

If you are unsure about this, this is described in the Strategy Builder 301 training video.

The Average position price is the entry price. You can use an offset with this, such as adding or subtracting 5 ticks.

You can save this value with an offset to a series if you want to continue to use this value with further math offsets.

The DailyLossLimitBuilderExample_NT8 has a basic example of this.
    Hello, I've updated the DailyLossLimit and DailyLosLimitMultiTrade examples that were posted on the forum for NinjaTrader 7 for NinjaTrader 8. These are often requested and I felt they are good examples to have for NT8. DailyLossLimitExample_NT7 - http://ninjatrader.com/support/forum...241#post451241 (http://ninjatrader

Chelsea B.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by alifarahani, Today, 09:40 AM
    6 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post alifarahani  
    Started by Waxavi, Today, 02:10 AM
    1 response
    0 likes