Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Best practices for generic un-managed approach.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best practices for generic un-managed approach.

After doing some research, I've come to the conclusion that an un-managed approach to order handling would suite me best. I'd like to create a generic class that can be referenced from any strategy. Consider it a wrapper around the un-managed approach. This seem possible by supplying the active strategy class in a non-default constructor. In reading the documentation, there are many warnings to consider and compensate for. Before I go down this path, I was wondering if anyone has already done this type of project and are they willing to share a little? Or, do you guys at NT have some source code that would serve as a good diving board for this? Lastly, if the pervious two questions have no suitable answers, would there be someone here interested in a collaborative effort to create generic source code to utilize the un-managed approach from any strategy?

Thanks,

Hello Herrwolf1,

Thank you for your post.

This could be accomplished using an AddOn and partial classes. Please see the example scripts attached which demonstrate using partial classes in a custom NinjaScript for strategies or indicators.

Also, see this forum post for more information - https://ninjatrader.com/support/foru...ork#post712245

Let us know if we may assist further.
    Attached Files
    Brandon H.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Hello Herrwolf,

You might find this example and code interesting: https://ninjatrader.com/support/foru...plemacrossover

HedgePlay

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
      Started by trilliantrader, 04-18-2024, 08:16 AM
      4 responses
      0 likes
      Last Post trilliantrader  
      Started by mgco4you, Today, 09:46 PM
      1 response
      0 likes