Announcement

Collapse

Looking for a User App or Add-On built by the NinjaTrader community?

Visit NinjaTrader EcoSystem and our free User App Share!

Have a question for the NinjaScript developer community? Open a new thread in our NinjaScript File Sharing Discussion Forum!
See more
See less

Partner 728x90

Collapse

Strategy Building Wizard - trade execution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strategy Building Wizard - trade execution

Hello

Not sure if this is the right pathway for inquiry, but I have a question about programming automation in the strategy building wizard. I am programming for forex in the simulator and I'm having trouble accomplishing the strategy I'm after. What I want is when my criteria are met to either the up or down side, I want to execute a trade of one unit towards the opposite direction. What I find is my only option is to accumulate a position in one direction when those criteria are met. When prices swing to the opposite and the opposing criteria are met the programming is set to exit me out of the previous position completely and begins accumulating towards the opposite direction. What I want is for the trader to operate like a balancing scale. Ideally it would buy or sell only one unit for every candle that meets my criteria without closing me out completely when a direction change occurs. If this is the wrong part of the forum for this inquiry please let me know the proper channel

thanks

Zach
    Last edited by doood; 04-02-2021, 09:27 AM.

Hello Zach, thanks for writing in.

This is the correct forum section for posting strategy questions. The support team is here to help with specific questions about strategy development in NinjaTrader, but we will not be able to create examples for custom strategies. Other members of the community will be able to see your post. If you have questions about how to do something or if something is possible in the Strategy builder I will be happy to help.

Kind regards.
    Chris L.NinjaTrader Customer Service

Comment

Latest Posts

Collapse

Topics Statistics Last Post
    Started by rajendrasubedi2023, Today, 09:50 AM
    3 responses
    0 likes
    Last Post NinjaTrader_BrandonH  
    Started by lorem, Today, 09:18 AM
    2 responses